Selena Gomez & The Scene - When The Sun Goes Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit the Lights is the perfect choice for 3rd single. I've thought so since the album came out! Knowing Hollywood Records, I doubt it'll actually be a hit, since they tend to give up after second singles, but if radio gets behind it then I think it'll do well.

Mvnl

Staff member
I think the country restrictions are off on vevo, at least it works for me now.
Great video and the song keeps growing on me and is really quite amazing, might actually be my favourite single by her after Lovesong.

RainOnFire

Staff member
Not to mention it's still #31 on iTunes and it was released almost half a year ago. I think it's definitely the biggest hit a Hollywood Records artist has had since "Party In The USA".

RainOnFire said:
Not to mention it's still #31 on iTunes and it was released almost half a year ago. I think it's definitely the biggest hit a Hollywood Records artist has had since "Party In The USA".

Well...I can think of quite a few more, hah, but I get your point! I am very happy with the success this single/campaign has had. I am fascinated with how her singles are always consistent sellers in the lower reaches of the top40 for a good half of a year per single.

the482 said:
Has anyone else noticed that 'Love You Like A Love Song' has JUST gone top 10 on airplay in the US? Amazing.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that, but it was about time. My mom, a regular Annie Lennox fan, bought Selena's album because she loves the song so much.

he/him
It's not top 10 overall though, it's not top 20 yet. It's just pop 10 on pop, right? Either way it's doing really well! I fear Hit The Lights got its video far too early as this song is not dying any time soon. Pity about the low peak though!

StratusJM said:
It's not top 10 overall though, it's not top 20 yet. It's just pop 10 on pop, right? Either way it's doing really well! I fear Hit The Lights got its video far too early as this song is not dying any time soon. Pity about the low peak though!

Top 10 on national, hit radio airplay. Which doesn't include urban/adult contemporary formats. Mediabase 24/7 charts - 3 day trends.

yeah shes doing really well on airplay in the US shes currently on 41.2million audience impressions according to Buzzjack but the number 20 song is on over 47million so shes not top 20 overall yet.

I still can't believe that Selena Gomez and The Scene have only had 1 top 40 hit in the UK! I guess being such a fan I thought everyone knew how good these song were. A Day Without Rain and Love You Like A Love Song are 2 of my favourite singles of the last few years and Off the Chain was a single just waiting to happen. I wonder if they'll ever have a crossover hit here? Although strangley enough their albums seem to do fairly well over here.

Cowboystyle said:
I still can't believe that Selena Gomez and The Scene have only had 1 top 40 hit in the UK! I guess being such a fan I thought everyone knew how good these song were. A Day Without Rain and Love You Like A Love Song are 2 of my favourite singles of the last few years and Off the Chain was a single just waiting to happen. I wonder if they'll ever have a crossover hit here? Although strangley enough their albums seem to do fairly well over here.

Are you serious? Do they go Top 40 in the US?

KhiaShamone said:
Cowboystyle said:
I still can't believe that Selena Gomez and The Scene have only had 1 top 40 hit in the UK! I guess being such a fan I thought everyone knew how good these song were. A Year Without Rain and Love You Like A Love Song are 2 of my favourite singles of the last few years and Off the Chain was a single just waiting to happen. I wonder if they'll ever have a crossover hit here? Although strangley enough their albums seem to do fairly well over here.

Are you serious? Do they go Top 40 in the US?

All of their singles bar Falling Down have charted in the US Top 40.

It is very weird that Naturally is one of the best performing Disney star singles in the UK and that when that came out it was very apparent that a conscious effort was made to push her over here, she did more promotion over here than any other Disney act I think (although nothing like one appearance on BGT/X-Factor). It's like they've given up on her since that though...

They need to restart Selena's career over here. I'm not condoning a greatest hits this early in her career but if they take the danciest stuff from all 3 albums and add a handful of new songs (maybe try and get her to do another duet with Pixie, something like All About Tonight/Kiss The Stars) and they'd have the perfect opportunity to make her the biggest Disney export in the UK.

Of course I'm saying all of this and she won't even be a proper Disney star come January!

I agree with Cowboystyle, it really is strange.

All her singles, Love You Like a Love Song especially, have been incredibly radio friendly. After Naturally did so well, I thought she may sustain success over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.