Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Sometimes I Might Be Introvert is a phenomenal album, so hard to argue with the result. Looking at those ticket sales, she doesn't need a career boost anyway.

2. I saw her last week at KOKO and I have to say… I'm sold? I had only listened to one single of the Guardian's list or something but the live performance made me warm to her so much more, something something clever lyrics but not afraid of a dance break?

Mister_G, Robert and Future Lover like this.
  3. I can't embed the Insta reel, but Rebecca's announced a deluxe version for 18th November with 5 alternate versions. The reel plays a strings version of Still Reigning.

4. Here’s the Mercury Awards performance:

2014, Island, sugarcoma and 2 others like this.
  5. Nice to see her streams gradually improving. I remember when her streams on Spotify were around the 60,000 mark and are now 250,000.

Robert and IEngineered like this.
  6. I finally bought this album on Vinyl the other day. The iconic artwork looks so great on the wall of my spare room.

7. The deluxe version is out now! The new deluxe tracks aren’t labelled correctly though:

8. A&E

A&E

She's doing Taskmaster's New Year's Treat, an inspired booking!

9. I cannot wait to see her on Taskmaster.

Robert likes this.
  10. Nice Q&A:

Island and Future Lover like this.
  11. She’s one of the guests tonight on Jools Holland’s Annual Hootenanny from 11:30pm on BBC2.

Taskmaster is on tomorrow at 9pm!

12. Hope they upload the sheer chaos that was her I'm Coming Out performance.

Robert likes this.
  13. The first great TV performance of the year? This has just single handedly convinced me that I need to see her live.

Mister_G and Robert like this.
  14. Robert likes this.
  15. pdf

pdf

well that is pretty spectacular

Robert likes this.
  16. I hope all these gigs pay off on her next album, she's shown she can pull big numbers for the live shows, and she's got plenty of charm and charisma on TV. I do feel like she could showcase a bit of her softer vocals/sounds in future, I kinda worry she might start to pigeonhole her style in a similar way to how people expect Florence to sound.

Know she wants to distance herself from Slow Club as much as possible but songs like Rebecca Casanova and Dependable People... could show a different side of her to this new audience.

17. US TV debut:

And some US dates announced:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Someboy, Island, nooniebao and 4 others like this.
  18. nn I can't at them Saudi Arabia Edition-ing the album cover for US TV...

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.