Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jul 6, 2009.

1. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

So this is where the party is.

2. A few days ago I stumbled upon 'I Do This All The Time' on the music channels before logging on to work and it destroyed me, but the fact that there are also bops here? Incredible.

cabirian and 2014 like this.
  3. NME cover star. New single Monday.

VivaForever, 2014, Island and 4 others like this.
  4. Another banger. She's a national treasure.

michaelhird and backstreetjoe like this.
  5. The Kermit plush is sending me. She's giving me Rachel McAdams on the album cover.

The Manchester date is the day before Steps, so I could ostensibly adjust my travel dates to see her... but it's sold out. So's London. Damn!

Island likes this.
  6. She got a big pop girl reception to her set at Green Man festival this weekend, a festival full of picky indie fans. She's on the cusp of something.

7. Whew! This might be my favourite yet?

8. "Sexting you at the mental health talk seems counter-productive" is one of the greatest opening lyrics I've EVER heard.

9. This really is shaping up to be album of the year.

10. Even I am bopping.

Jacques likes this.
  11. Je suis morte

12. I don't get why Moody wasn't the lead single honestly. It's perfect and would have/should/hopefully (...) will attract new listeners for her.

Jacques likes this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Moody is good but the title track is still the best.

michaelhird likes this.
  14. Some of the songs are giving Florence if the straights hadn't discovered her.

VivaForever likes this.
  15. eck

eck

She had another song "You Forever" that was randomly up on Spotify but it's taken down. It was the poppiest one I've heard so far but it was another banger for me.

16. Rebecca won the Music Award at the Attitude awards.

17. michaelhird likes this.
  18. Clash: 8/10
    MusicOMH: 5/5
    Line of Best Fit: 10/10

(future) Metacritic queen!

Album is out this Friday... which I didn't realise was the same day that Charles' (ex-Slow Club) side project The Surfing Magazines is releasing their new album nn.

19. hmv is selling this album with free signed postcards if you live near one, by the by.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.