Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jul 6, 2009.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I feel like it's taken forever for this to come out!!

pdf and backstreetjoe like this.
  2. Going to be amazing methinks. Reviews are very promising.

magictreehouse and 2014 like this.
  3. This record and Agnes' are going to obliterate me on Friday...

'You Forever' could be the best yet!

4. She got BBC Music Introducing's artist of the year award this morning. And apparently she was on this week's Never Mind the Buzzcocks!

5. Just discovered her. Really loving her music. Listening to Prioritize Pleasure right now.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  6. How fucking fantastic is Moody? All of the singles have this super propulsive energy, loads of momentum, they go unexpected places, she plays around with her vocals in cool ways. You Forever is quite straightforward compared to the others but nonetheless a banger.

I actually have no idea who she is dd but I'm super stoked to dive into this album tomorrow. She seems like she's in her own lane, doing her own thing and kind of destroying.

7. Based on the pre-release singles, I'm confused by the massive acclaim, but it does have me intrigued. I'll listen to the album in full and see.

8. This being at page 3, with this hype from critics. Lemme bump to say I'm starting to listen, but I won't accept people criticizing the pre-release singles dddd - specially the first 2 which are year's best material

michaelhird and magictreehouse like this.
  9. Absolutely agree.

michaelhird likes this.
  10. Flawless album from flawless queen.

11. It's a fantastic album. I liked Slow Club and enjoyed her first album a lot, but this is on a totally different level.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  12. Is anyone seeing her at XOYO tonight?

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

Still Reigning is such a gorgeous track.

14. I'm going tonight.......d'ya know what time she's on? Can never tell with these type of events

15. The album is really great. The layers! The back half especially stood out — The 345, John Elton and You Forever is such a run. Very perched to spend more time with it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  16. She said she's on at 8 as she wants to be home early. Lol.

luluthecat likes this.
  17. Prioritise Punctuality.

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is monumental. It's so ambitious and huge, I just..sometimes don't like her voice? But overall I'm enjoying this immensely.

RebelFingers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.