Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Haven’t listened yet but the album reviews are brilliant. I loved the previous album so excited to give this a proper listen.

2. I'm going to see her in March and the gig is on a Tuesday, so I am fully supportive of an 8pm start.

3. WHO IS THIS?!

I just had my first listen and I’m kind of gagged.

4. Island

Island Staff Member

Still Reigning took me out. What a gorgeous song.

Stradiwhovius and Euphoria like this.
  5. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

The album is really good, but it does feel a bit carried by its singles which are easily the most striking and unusual songs on it. None of the album tracks hit the same as listening to I Do This All the Time or the title track for the first time. But that said, I really like Fucking Wizardry and The 345, and I think I'll appreciate the whole thing more on a second listen.

Island likes this.
  6. My impact! I think?

boombazookajoe likes this.
  7. It was!

Vasilios likes this.
  8. This is every bit as incredible as I had anticipated. Still Reigning floored me on first listen. What a woman RLT.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  9. This is ridiculously good. We have been spoilt this month!

Also, am I the only one hearing Nicola Roberts on The 345?

pdf likes this.
  10. Fucking Wizadry had me stomping while out on my run this evening. The album is great, glad it’s hitting.

michaelhird and BubblegumBoy like this.
  11. 2014 and djmakemewet like this.
  12. michaelhird likes this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm hooked on this album - she did that.

Trinu 3.0 and djmakemewet like this.
  14. Obsessed with the album. ‘You Forever’ is the cherry on top - what a song!

Trinu 3.0 and sugarcoma like this.
  15. This record left me wigless.

16. She jumped ship and wrote in a now-deleted tweet (paraphrase): "the most me thing has happened, I've charted at #11". Well, a Top 10 would've been cute, but I feel like that's great for this type of cult album.

Mikal likes this.
  17. Ohhhh no. Seeing it trickle to #9 on Thursday I was hoping the record store signings would.be enough to keep her in. Frustrating but hopefully she's not too defeated considering 'Compliments Please' didnt chart at all.

cabirian and Future Lover like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.