Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Ummm. I kind of just stumbled upon her and I'm gagging for Prioritize Pleasure and I Do This All The Time?!

2. Once in a while there comes an album that speaks to you on a higher level and restores your soul. This is that album.

3. Fucking Wizardry

tumblr_n13l76g9jl1qiohboo2_500.gif

Island, Andrew, aaronhansome and 5 others like this.
  4. This whole album is phenomenal but I Do This All The Time is the one. That chorus with that guitar?!

[​IMG]

Island, ItBeats, 2014 and 3 others like this.
  5. Just started listening to this album and wow.

Still Reigning followed up by How Can I Help You.

[​IMG]

6. Girl is nominated for a Brit. Best New Artist. Soooo bloody chuffed for her.

Island, 2014, Jacques and 7 others like this.
  7. So the Brit nomination prompted me to listen to the album for the first time and it's fantastic! Fucking Wizardry is the standout for me on first listen but there wasn't a dud at all.

8. Thrilled for her bagging the nomination but her and Little Simz in Best New Artist is a reach and a half.
    She should be up for British Artist of the year instead.

9. She also won AOTY from the Guardian and #4 best album of the year on NME

Andrew, Island, 2014 and 8 others like this.
  10. eck

eck

11. I listened to this over the past two days and it is phenomenal.
    So thought provoking and refreshing to hear the thoughts of someone my age, but make it bop.
    Fucking Wizardry, The 345 and Just Kids are my standouts.
    What a bloody wonderful album.

12. She's still so massively underrated, despite being de facto crowned UK's best album of 2021. I feel like not enough PJ folks know about her at all.

13. She's my first gig of 2022. Still a good seven weeks off (probably a good thing given the Omicron situation) but I'm really excited to hear these songs live.

Andrew likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.