Selling Sunset (Netflix) | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Selling Sunset (Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by TrixieVillaintina, Apr 3, 2019.

1. My main takeaways from it.

Maya is a total queen! Her response about her stillborn child was utterly commendable. She put it so eloquently and she was so brave in her delivery of the words.
    Her face during GFlip made the entire reunion worth while.

2. Christine really overshot the mark these last two seasons. You can’t survive on these ensemble shows when you have…literally no one on your team. She was particularly vile this season, gaslighter extraordinaire, etc. She’s been great television, but it’s time to go. Also couldn’t stop thinking about her Ivanka Trump reference - nope!

I think the show will be fine without her. Different dynamic, yes, but the majority of it has always, to me, been a fairly slow-paced, background noise kind of show. It does that job well, and I’m looking forward to where they take it from here.

Maria, OlliMaus and singabob like this.
  3. I just started watching this show and I’m kind of obsessed. Has the awful soundtrack of Fefe Dobson rejects been discussed much?

itylts and lushLuck like this.
  4. Christine is bad at reality tv. You need to approach it like improv and “yes and..” your way through every situation, but she’s been a narrative dead end for the last 2 seasons at least. A proper supervillain would ingratiate herself into the group and twist the knife from the inside. How’s she going to torment the girlies if she’s been ghosted by all of them and fired?!

She’s the opposite of a Chrishell, who has the knack for producing and maintaining the kind of ridiculous, surprising and varied mess that keeps reality tv going.

5. Island

Island Staff Member

I think Christine checked out of the show last season anyways.

Who’s going to be the “villain” in the next season though? Brett?

ry123 likes this.
  6. Yeah, I honestly think Christine has just been using the show as a placeholder to keep her profile topped up as she weighs up her next career move(s) - which appears to be Crypto real estate (?) and Real Housewives.

Island and lushLuck like this.
  7. I’ve finally finished the latest season. I started it last week and only now managed to finish it along with the reunion. My goddd Christine, just get rid of her. She’s not even enjoyable to watch anymore. Playing the victim whenever her own antics are brought up was super infuriating to watch. She hasn’t sold a house in two seasons, so the rumours about her real estate license being out of date kinda rings true to me.

Chelsea, Christ was is her accent?! To think she went to university up the road from me?? I agree the gross sense of classism both her and Christine exhibited this season was not nice to watch at all. As a reality star, she’s fun to watch but the fact she seemed to take Christine’s word as gospel was annoying.

Both Heather and Davina were great this season. I’m glad I went into the season actively stanning Davina because she did not disappoint. I feel like I’m in the minority when I say I actually really like Emma??

I’m glad they showed more of the houses this time round. Season 4 it felt like they showed 1 house the entire season, so it was great to see more of the real estate element of the show.

I agree the show seems to be in a weird space now. Christine needs to go but then what does that do to the overall show? Adam Divello always needs one girl to be the villain the rest of the group dislike (Heidi in The Hills, Olivia in The City and now Christine in Selling Sunset), I’m unsure where the show goes from here.

Also, get rid of Vanessa. She offers NOTHING!!

On the reunion, I though Tan France did a good job as host. It wasn’t as spicy as I hoped but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    Andrew, Blue6010, Island and 2 others like this.
  8. Going against Christine, Chelsea and Davina? Couldn’t be me.

ry123, Lander and lushLuck like this.
  9. Literally icons.

Emma needed booting the second she walked on the show. What an absolute bore of a person.

ry123, xOJakeXo, Island and 4 others like this.
  10. She kinda gives Heidi Montag after she fell out with Lauren and it all became fake Spencer drama.

phily693 and lushLuck like this.

11. Chrishell looks amazing.

12. Nn this statement is so shady.

13. Maybe I’m pessimistic but this feels like such a staged romance.

Lately likes this.
  14. Like everything attention seeking narcissist Chrishelle does.

Bobbyrae, Colin, DangerousHun and 5 others like this.
  15. Agreed! Christine and Davina stan here.

16. I will never fault a reality star for manufacturing drama & intrigue.

popzone, POPGASM, Blue6010 and 12 others like this.
  17. This song exists

18. Island

Island Staff Member

Whether or not the relationship is staged, I can appreciate Chrishell coming into her own with some self-discovery, especially when it's not something she's realized until recently. But, didn't she also say that her and G-Flip aren't currently on the same path (*cough* babies *cough*) so that's what is confusing me.

lushLuck, OlliMaus and Andrew like this.
  19. I actually think that's what Maya's reaction was about. There are levels to it too when you consider Maya's stillbirth.

Island, timothy_b and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.