September 2021 PJ Charts: Song Reveals | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

September 2021 PJ Charts: Song Reveals

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Sep 24, 2021.

1. I had to do honorable mention to two albums cause thus month was so stacked!! Currently listening to Liz Lawrence followed by Mini Trees followed by Jesse Jo Stark all thanks to this thread! “Youth” by Mini Trees is giving me Punisher by way of Daughter’s Wild Youth EP in the best way!!

2. tea

tea

Even though my promo is too late to affect much, this song deserves it's flowers!

Diet Pop! and Untouchable Ace like this.
  3. I'm hoping Kacey doesn't get Rita Ora'd (as in, misses the top 5 entirely due to votes being split between various songs).

4. I think (hope) "breadwinner" is a sure thing.

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Results #soon-ish.

6. I've been feeling about as fresh as a corpse in a bog lately so I'm going to have to sit this month out, I'm sorry, but thank you for remembering her. The rest of you should check it out too. The vibe is sensual semi-ambient urban goth-lesbian cooing par excellence.

I have no idea where I'll be at come the end of the month, but while I'm here I'd like to take the opportunity to preemptively decree that the incoming MVP of the October charts (and the year in general) is arriving tomorrow.

And to inform certain people that this particular track off of the very fun Illuminati Hotties album sounds like a lost The Con classic when it gets going.

And that for all the hustling I did last month Magdalena Bay's album better hit top 10 at the very goddamn least thank you bye

[​IMG]

Oleander, ohnostalgia, tea and 6 others like this.
  7. Ugh I don't know why I missed the deadline this time but Kacey, Lil Nas X and Halsey (again) would get most of my points.

8. Early promo but Mon Laferte has announced she is releasing a new album on October 29th. The album features her first songs written in English.

First single is out as well. In typical Mon fashion, she has changed up her sound again.

9. Hello yes, I am preemptively demanding a campaign to chart October Sky by Yebba in the October charts cause I am manifesting a slow burn success for my partner in grief

ohnostalgia and tea like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

11. The way I found a song a while back and was like "oh yeah, I will enter this in PJSC and win"... and then literally as I was filling out the Google form realized it's ineligible because the artist was entered too recently.

And I can't go with the one other song I want to enter because I need a backup in case aforementioned song gets vetoed anyway once it's eligible. And I'm bereft of other ideas.

Sorry sis.

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Ah, but if you send your second song now then you might have another new release to send in once the other song becomes eligible!

Also, about 40-50% of any given month’s chart is usually eligible.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Whelp.

Also I hope to start eliminations on Friday night. I’ll just say that I had every intention of posting throughout the week but then another incident happened at work. So this really wasn’t on my mind.

Music Is Death, tea, 2014 and 9 others like this.
  14. I am retired from song competitions but my dms are open for suggestions of submissions if that’s allowed!

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

[​IMG]
    SEPTEMBER 2021 PJ ALBUM CHARTS

evilsin, GimmeWork, Babyface and 24 others like this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

13 points

[​IMG]
    FLUX | POPPY
    @TéléDex (7) @OspreyQueen (3) @Untouchable Ace (3)

This is the first Poppy album to be classified as Rock by Apple Music.

Last Month: N/A
    Months on 2021 Charts: 1
    Total Charting Months: 1

18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

14 points

[​IMG]
    I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU | SAINT ETIENNE
    @Aester (7) @RUNAWAY (7)

I thought there were more Saint Etienne fans hanging around Charts & Rates?

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

15 points

[​IMG]
    THE ULTRA VIVID LAMENT | MANIC STREET PREACHERS
    @pop3blow2 (9) @VivaForever (6)

I'm definitely going to check this album out since @pop3blow2 holds it in such high esteem.

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

15 points

[​IMG]
    SPEECH THERAPY | STRANGE TALK
    @Untouchable Ace (10) @berserkboi (5)

Feel Too Much is a great way to describe my last month. Also, I think it would be a good running track. You know, if I'd managed to pick running back up from where I left it on the gym floor in March 2020.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.