September: 'Resuscitate Me', and new album 'Love CPR'

APC said:
Why isn't September a bigger star?

A question i always ask myself, she has the whole package in my opinion that makes a great pop artist, The songs, the voice and a bit of sass, I reckon if she was on a bigger label here who would market her properly, she could do the buisness, Dance Nation are a lost cause.

popknark

vasilios said:
brandnewlover said:
Yum! Now this, to me, is pop music. Not that drivel currently occupying number one in the states and the UK.....Maybe I should just move to Sweden....

You prefer http://itunes.apple.com/se/album/id394110769 then?

That might be the worst song ever recorded. Unfortunately the Swedish public are a bunch of unappreciative little fuckers who can't notice pop gold when they hear it so it will probably sell about 40 times as much as "Resuscitate Me".

(Sorry if I sound a bit bitter, but I'm still furious about the fact that "Mercy Mercy" and "We Should Go Home Together" still haven't showed up in the top 60. Let's just say patriotism isn't what I've been feeling lately.)

This is being played to death on RIXFM so she should have a fairly sizeable hit on her hands in Sweden. As for here in the UK though, highly unlikely.

I'm still finding the transition from the verses in to the bridge to be extremely clunky mind you.

She has tweeted that 'Love CPR' will be out just after christmas... Probably on 29th December so?

popknark

Samuel said:
This is being played to death on RIXFM

Really? I've been avoiding Rix FM in protest since they had Nickelback, James Blunt and Bon Jovi as hitwarning of the week like three weeks in a row. They're not as poptastic as they used to be. It's all Takida/Apollo Drive/Broken Door/Rise Against/Other Shit Guitar Music nowadays.

aces said:
She has tweeted that 'Love CPR' will be out just after christmas... Probably on 29th December so?

Also, I got a reply to say that both the single and album will be released in the UK sometime next year and she is really excited about it

popknark said:
She needs to release "Mikrofonkåt" as a single as soon as possible. I genuinely believe it could be her biggest hit in Sweden to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4c2xI4WGVE

I agree. Although personally, I'd rather they wait until 'Resuscitate Me' has achieved its potential first. It wouldn't be right to overshadow her big comeback single. There's a soundtrack to the series being released in the first week of December though, with 18 of the ''best'' tracks from the series. September has 3 tracks on there, and I'm guessing that this will be one of them. So yeah, I reckon it'll probably get quite a respectable amount of individual download sales.

Incidentally, I had a look at the Swedish iTunes chart yesterday and was pleased to see that there are around 6 or 7 September songs back in the top 200, with 1 back in the top 50. Plus, her 'Gold' album is top 10 on the iTunes album chart.

With all of this, plus the fact that Rix FM are giving 'Resuscitate Me' heavy rotation, it looks like Sweden is very happy to have September back!

Can someone in the know give me a quick recap on "Mikrofonkåt"? Google Translate and Lexikon are giving me translation headaches, although the premise of a song about a "horny microphone" is kind of humorous.

I'm also looking forward to Petra's tribute night, which the Internets says is the 27th of November.

popknark

Yes,I'm rhyming on from underground level
Aiming for the top as far as I can reach
Oh I'm coming in rolling hard
In Stockholm ground, it's the title I want
I am, I am, I am

From Slussen, Hornstull, Zinkensdamm, Vietnam
Same tribe huligans were kleptomaniacs
Microphone pyromaniacs companions
Blows like a gang militant vegans

1200-catties bare necked shooter jackers
Real rhyme slayers
Respect to all the dude's who've hanged since day one
You're in the family where my blood's floating fat
Dresses pictures with words wittnessing things I've seen
For rhymes are falling tight when I'm explaining what's on
Like wet watercolour painting I'm starting to paint,
I'm floating with feeling

I am mircophone horny, microphone horny
Microphone horny, I'm microphone

In coming roasting
Petter, no doubt

Microphone horny, microphone horny,
I am microphone horny, microphone horny

Hands in the air, shall we tear this place down?
Hands in the air, shall we tear this place down?

I am mircophone horny, microphone horny,
I am microphone horny, microphone

Mircophone horny, I am microphone horny
I am mircophone horny, I am microphone

It might seem weird at some places, especially the "1200-catties bare necked shooter jackers" line which I don't understand myself since it's in suburb Stockholm lingo.

Thanks popknark!
Haha, I'm still confused though. Like, "I am microphone horny" as in ... I love to rap on the microphone? Basically I just want to know what I'm admitting to if I mumble along to her YouTube clip (and then start singing only for the "jag är mikrofonkåt" part).

popknark

WowWowWowWow said:
Thanks popknark!
Haha, I'm still confused though. Like, "I am microphone horny" as in ... I love to rap on the microphone? Basically I just want to know what I'm admitting to if I mumble along to her YouTube clip (and then start singing only for the "jag är mikrofonkåt" part).

Well, yes. Sort of. Petter's using the microphone to get from the poor suburbs of Stockholm to the top. Being on of the very first rap hits in Swedish ever (it was released in 1998, hip-hop came quite late to Sweden), it's basically about badass and gangster he is and how great he is at rapping, a "verbal terminator" who will "lend you the mic as long as you see it as a loan", as he sings in parts September decided to cut off. Nothing sexual about it, so mumble along.

Excellent, thank you! The word "horny" just complicates things, I didn't know what to think. I do enjoy the additional clips on YouTube where Petter joins Petra for an encore performance. I can't stop listening to it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"@iamSeptember: Ok, I got your message (banned smiley) Over 500 000 views for Mikrofonkåt, in 4 days!!! We decided to release it. Makes me so happy you like it! KRAM"

popknark

WOHO! Best news of the week. I'm so glad they decided to release it.

Petter has already released two of his songs from the show (Stockholm i mitt hjärta + Dansa din djävul) which both are in the iTunes top 10. They're not even that good - then just imagine what "Mikrofonkåt" can do.

$ucce$$!

Mikrofonkåt keeps rolling in my head whole week, I realize how internal it is but it's sooo damn catchy and feels like it has much bigger potential than Resuscitate Me in Sweden, I unfortunately don't see big export-potential of Resuscitate Me. It's good but not gonna be anything surprising for international audience.