September: 'Resuscitate Me', and new album 'Love CPR'

'Mikrofonkåt' is released tomorrow on iTunes. I can see it being quite huge. NRJ are already giving it big support. And when I was DJing last night I had someone come up and ask me if I had it yet!
 
scandipop said:
'Mikrofonkåt' is released tomorrow on iTunes. I can see it being quite huge. NRJ are already giving it big support. And when I was DJing last night I had someone come up and ask me if I had it yet!

As a full-length studio version I hope? This has potential to be a full-fledged single with massive support! The song is sick!!
 
I don't think so.....
I mean, of course I would love one, since my mouth is still tripping over the original lyrics.
But based on popknark's translation and interpretation a few posts back, the song just seems really based around Swedish life, and so doing it in English wouldn't really do it justice.
I'm just excited for the (hopefully more than 7) other new songs on Love CPR!

Also, you know how sometimes you spend so much time listening to the live version of a song that, when you finally get the studio version, you're sort of .... underwhelmed? That's how I'm feeling right now. Now don't get me wrong, I'm playing the heck out of the studio version, but I'm also popping onto YouTube to see the whole shebang as well.
 
Wow, that's great. Has she done any promo for it, besides that one performance, or is it really that easy to sell a record in Swe?
 

popknark

Moderator
Wordshaker said:
Wow, that's great. Has she done any promo for it, besides that one performance, or is it really that easy to sell a record in Swe?

No promotion as far as I know. Just a huge internet hype. Many of my (none music geek) friends on Facebook has linked to the Så Mycket Bättre performance. It's just basically a HUGE HIT SONG.
 
popknark said:
Wordshaker said:
Wow, that's great. Has she done any promo for it, besides that one performance, or is it really that easy to sell a record in Swe?

No promotion as far as I know. Just a huge internet hype. Many of my (none music geek) friends on Facebook has linked to the Så Mycket Bättre performance. It's just basically a HUGE HIT SONG.

Wow, that's incredible! I'm super happy for her. She's a phenomenal talent. Is it charting on the Swe official charts, or just the iTunes?
 

popknark

Moderator
Wordshaker said:
popknark said:
Wordshaker said:
Wow, that's great. Has she done any promo for it, besides that one performance, or is it really that easy to sell a record in Swe?

No promotion as far as I know. Just a huge internet hype. Many of my (none music geek) friends on Facebook has linked to the Så Mycket Bättre performance. It's just basically a HUGE HIT SONG.

Wow, that's incredible! I'm super happy for her. She's a phenomenal talent. Is it charting on the Swe official charts, or just the iTunes?

It hasn't had the chance yet since it was released digitally yesterday.

The official Swedish singles chart is a joke, though. 2 million people in Sweden (out of a population of 9 million) use Spotify (compare that to 2 million users in the UK, which has a population of 62 million) so the sales of singles are really low, even percentage wise per capita compared to other countries. You thought the physical format was gone where you live. Well, here you can basically only get a physical single copy in the three biggest cities and online. It's a dead market.

Plus, the counting system is quite complicated. Only some stores are counting their sales. The physical single copies are counted from Wednesday to Tuesday while the downloads are counted from Monday to Sunday (although I could be wrong on this one). This means "Mikrofonkåt" will probably chart next Friday (the official single chart is presented on Fridays for some reason).
 
S

SockMonkey

Having just seen the video, it's also the first time I've heard the song.  Bit disappointed.  It starts off sounding like loads of other songs of hers, then sounds like it's going to burst into "When Love Takes Over", and that chorus is WAY too high and doesn't suit her voice.

On the plus side, she looks great, and I love that she has crow's feet and isn't hiding them.
 
scandipop said:
Oooh, I love the video. Stylish, but fun with it.

Agreed - LOVE the cropped hair and styling, she looks so young and fresh.

Totally addicted to this song, I expect Scott Mills will be hammering it on floorfillers...
 
Top