Severance (Apple TV+)

Apple were posting some kind of teasers last week so I'm hoping something, even an announcement of S2, is coming soon...
I enjoyed season 1 a lot, but I'll need a rewatch as I can't remember a single thing that happened in it. Must be getting old.

Hopefully Apple renew For All Mankind while they're at it - the finale is this week!

How are they not finished yet?? Like they were on the final episode/final scenes of season 2 when the strikes shut it all down.

He/him
I think they've basically started all over again. Production was a total disaster behind the scenes seemingly and it was on the verge of caving in on itself. So I think they went back to the drawing board and reset a little.

RainOnFire

Staff member
I'm glad it wasn't just me who saw that post and it doing almost the opposite of hyping me up. Obviously I'd prefer them taking their time and giving us something of quality rather than rushing out whatever they had that allegedly was a mess, but I just can't believe how long it's taking.

I'll still watch because I'm far too curious not to, but my expectations have been tempered to say the least. And I mean, if it ends up being as phenomenal as Season 1, then I will happily eat my words.

The way I can't remember a single thing about the first season other than that I loved it at the time. I mean, there's still plenty of time to rewatch before the second season even comes on, but I also remember it starting quite slow so I can't even say I'm super pumped to do it over.

Basically this show is one of the worst examples of how crappy for viewers the modern production schedule for prestige television series is. At least other shows which have massive gaps have easier overarching plot lines (Stranger Things & The Last Of Us), or are... less plot dependent (Bridgerton).

The way I can't remember a single thing about the first season other than that I loved it at the time. I mean, there's still plenty of time to rewatch before the second season even comes on, but I also remember it starting quite slow so I can't even say I'm super pumped to do it over.

Basically this show is one of the worst examples of how crappy for viewers the modern production schedule for prestige television series is. At least other shows which have massive gaps have easier overarching plot lines (Stranger Things & The Last Of Us), or are... less plot dependent (Bridgerton).
Agree with all of this. It's partly a 'me' problem because I have a terrible memory when it comes to the detail of TV shows, books etc, but this will be just a few weeks shy of three years between the first and second seasons dropping. Given the myriad of streaming/TV options available, how many people will go to the bother of rewatching season one to refresh their memories rather than just dump the show?