Sex and the City - General Discussion | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Sex and the City - General Discussion

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by ADolla, Jun 11, 2009.

1. This is making me want to rewatch

Stewart, lushLuck, Humes and 9 others like this.
  2. BTG

BTG

This is the best TV show of 2022.

AbSynth, Stewart, acl and 2 others like this.
  3. Kim Cattrall has given an interview to Variety.

Kim confirms she wasn't happy with the proposed storylines for the 3rd film and was never approached to be in And Just Like That, which Kim has not watched.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/kim-cattrall-and-just-like-that-sex-and-the-city-3-1235256472/

Island, He, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  4. “That’s how creative it was” and “I certainly heard about it.”

Iconic!

5. Whew that interview is shady as fuck. She has such complicated feelings about Samantha—“over it” but obviously burned. It’s fascinating.

Also think her 2008 recession idea for Samantha is quite good and ironically would have been a much more tactful way of bringing the series back down to earth. Given the way the movies and reboot have played out, I think she’s basically in the right with everything.

6. Everything about that interview reaffirms why I love this woman so much.

Island, He, Smooth Criminal and 5 others like this.
  7. "It’s powerful to say no."

Wow, getting this printed & framed as we speak.

Island, He, Lapras and 7 others like this.
  8. So they let the Samantha rumour mill run throughout all the prodiction, promo and airing, played up to it in the show, and she wasn't even asked.

We been knew Hens

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Dick pics was her story?! For fuck sake.

10. Samantha remains one of the most iconic and powerful female characters to this day. She literally redefined what it was to be a woman on TV. That will never be forgotten.

kal, Island, andru and 11 others like this.
  11. Blanche Deveraux walked so Samantha could run.

12. BTG

BTG

Che >

13. The more I read, the more I'm convinced SJP and MPK endorsed this woman to be outcast and humiliated. Good for her! It would be easy to let your emotions run rampant but she always handles herself so well. Also, I'm not shocked but lol at that dick pic storyline being true.

He and Juango like this.
  14. This might actually be a worse storyline than anything in the second film, which is praise indeed.

15. Samantha in London really warrants a spin off. But with a completely different team of fresh writers and producers.

andru, POPGASM, Jamie and 1 other person like this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. Kim snapped.

Aiden, Burzum, Island and 7 others like this.
  18. Her namechecking Candace Bushnell, Darren Star and Patricia Field, 3 huge names in the world of Sex and the City, sitting at her table. A power move.

19. Just finished watching this. Late I know!

The first episode made me not want to continue, it kind of felt like it was trying hard to be 'woke'. I love the inclusivity about it, but it was just a bit try hard.

The second episode had my crying, I was shocked that that was the story line for Mr Big. It honestly felt a little too real watching it, as if I knew Big. I don't know, maybe because I've been a hardcore fan of Sex and The City, I felt somewhat attached to the characters.

Overall I really enjoyed the show.

Che's character was very annoying for me, I appreciate having a non binary character play a big role but like it felt a bit try hard as that's all the character was, like there was nothing else I knew about them really. They where also responsible for ruining the relationship for Miranda and Steve, and I love Steve. Kind of here for Miranda's story line of realising she was needing something different in her life, but I don't like how we never got see her have a conversation with Steve about it, like it just seemed like after the painting episode where Steve is with Carrie, that everything is just fine and now Miranda is married and also having a relationship.

Excited its coming back for season 2 though.

colouroffensive, Jamie and Andrew like this.
    Jamie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.