Sex and the City

So, I'm confused. Is this just the continuation of the Sex And The City series or is this a prequel series or a normal series without some of the original cast or what?

It's not happening. I could never see it returning as a TV show with these women and I don't think that prequel series' really work. I do think that leaving this series after that awful second movie is a shame, they should write a proper Sex and the City movie which is representative of the TV show and actually has some sex and them staying in the city!

What was so awful about the second movie? Is it another case of bandwagon jumping?

Both movies were pretty equal in quality with lots of cringe worthy moments but they were still enjoyable.

The second film goes down as one of the worst things I've ever seen. It would have made for a boring, non-event episode, nevermind a film.

The second film is like one of those dreadful 'TV show made into movie' films from the 1970s, like 'Are you being served' when they go on holiday and it just becomes crude innuendo rather than the clever camp verbal wordplay of the series. All the fun things about 'Sex and the city' and especially NEW YORK!!!! weren't there. And the wedding with Liza singing was just too, too much.

The films provide so many opportunities to hate Carrie. The Aiden fiasco in the second film was unbearable to watch, especially when she kissed him and then ran back to the hotel and gathered the girls together. Both times I've watched it, the bit where she wakes Miranda up I envision in my head Miranda shouting "fuck off Carrie, I was sleeping!!!".

I don't think the second film is as bad as people make out.

It had a lot of flaws, but also had some equally brilliant moments.

I really hope they don't bring it back to TV, though I think the only reason they may do it, is to stop the prequel movie happening, because if it did & were successful, they would be permanently replaced by their younger replacements for future movies etc.

I watched the first film the other day. It was good but a stretch at 151 minutes... I was willing it to end!

The second film is without a doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen. To watch it in its entirety is a truly awful experience.

I'm glad they denied this is happening.

The second movie really is horrific. I saw it on sale for £2 the other day and didn't even consider buying it.

Oh dear! I've just bought the second film out the bargain bin in Fopp as it's the only Sex and the City I haven't seen (and I'm currently loving watching the whole thing from the start on 5*).

Going to watch it over the weekend - I'm curious to see just how bad it can be!

Call It Love said:
Oh dear! I've just bought the second film out the bargain bin in Fopp as it's the only Sex and the City I haven't seen (and I'm currently loving watching the whole thing from the start on 5*).

Going to watch it over the weekend - I'm curious to see just how bad it can be!

It's racist (or middle-east phobic, whatever you want to call it) and homophobic.

It's bad.

For me it was overly long with no plot. The first one is by no means a perfect film and is again overly long but it has a real story and some really nice moments and it was also more representative of the TV show.

I liked Carrie during the TV show, but the movies turned me into a hater. I loved the first movie when it came out, but I don't think I could bring myself to watch it these days. It's overlong and annoying. And the less said about the second one the better. The movies killed Sex and the City for me.

I just remembered one of my favourite quotes tonight, when Samantha was masturbating over her priest.

Samantha: I masturbated all afternoon.
Carrie: All right, then…
Miranda: Seriously?, All afternoon?
Samantha: Well two, two and a half hours
Miranda: Who’s got that kind of time? I like to get in and get out.

I can't believe Comedy Central are showing this during the day now. Seriously, what's the fucking point?

If Friends and Scrubs can't be shown before the watershed uncut - despite the fact that neither show contains anything that would offend a sane person under the age of 80 - then this must be hacked to pieces.