Sex Education

Don’t want to post spoilers but I hate when the writers just don’t follow what the masses want in terms of couples. If it’s the last season why not just give people what they want?

the actors who played Americans no idea if they are American but if they are where are they from as those accents are……. Odd!

Any/All
Well... that went a bit off the rails, didn't it? I've missed the depth, humor and poignancy of earlier seasons. I feel like everything plot-wise and character-wise was kinda underdeveloped in favor of the show being as inclusive as possible - which would not be bad in itself if it didn't feel so performative most of the time. I feel that hardly any characters (especially the new ones) were given proper arcs, but instead ended up presented as rather one-dimensional. There were overall a couple of touching, funny and well-made moments, but all in all I found the decline in quality quite significant. And whilst I wish it had been wrapped up in a better way, I'm at least glad they're not pushing this any longer cause it seems that their creative well has run a bit dry.

Well... that went a bit off the rails, didn't it? I've missed the depth, humor and poignancy of earlier seasons. I feel like everything plot-wise and character-wise was kinda underdeveloped in favor of the show being as inclusive as possible - which would not be bad in itself if it didn't feel so performative most of the time. I feel that hardly any characters (especially the new ones) were given proper arcs, but instead ended up presented as rather one-dimensional. There were overall a couple of touching, funny and well-made moments, but all in all I found the decline in quality quite significant. And whilst I wish it had been wrapped up in a better way, I'm at least glad they're not pushing this any longer cause it seems that their creative well has run a bit dry.
Yes!!!! It felt like a tick box exercise over inclusivity through the 8 episodes and I feel like it felt like that because it was very surface level. Like, with Cal it was such a great storyline and potentially could have been a season standout but it was never really resolved or went anywhere with such an important topic.

I feel like bringing in a new cast and even giving them large chunks of screen time / arcs was pointless when the show was already ending, I didn’t care to feel any type of way about a ton of new characters this far in. They could have focused on the original characters and not made them seem so regressive and almost like extras at times and tied the seasons up together.

Did we even need “O”? What even did she bring to the show??? I did have a soft spot for sweet Aisha though, wish she was in earlier seasons!

well, I’m just at ep 6, but I can’t find it funny. And I’m really scared they’re giving Otis an happy ending with a friend and not with a girl

The last season didn't really do it for me. I'm here for folks having happy endings and rounding things out but it all felt a bit too... clean and by the numbers. It lost a lot of its charm from the original season. The storylines of Maeve and Eric had some really good, impactful, moments but besides that it was all a bit of a slog.

I don’t know if it’s intentional given some of the themes of loss and depression in this series, but the colour palette seems a lot more muted, where it used to exude so much light and frivolity.

It looks …grey.

Well, last season is very different from 1st season (did they change the showrunnner?). The new school idea is not so bad, but new characters (and new plotlines) are a bit too much, especially for a final season. And why writing off some old characters, but giving us new characters that looked a lot like old ones ?
Don't know, the ideas weren't bad, but they were not for a final season... Why keeping Adam and his father if they barely interact with Otis or Meave (or Eric)? I watched it, but I'm not interested in rewatching it. I'm done with this series.

I liked this last season overall, it did make me very emotional at times (episode 7 was beautifully done) but only when it focused on our old characters. Why bring in so many new characters? Was it to compensate for Ola, Lilly, Raheem, Anwar et al all leaving? They really needed to focus on whatever characters were left and really explore their dynamics. There was still a lot of good stuff, eg Amy brought a lot of the jokes, Ruby’s last scene with Otis, but if I’d recently watched seasons 1 and 2 again, I probably would be complaining a lot more.