Shakespears Sister | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum

Shakespears Sister

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by WhereIsTheFeeling, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Great news, especially for those that sat out the box set.
    I presume Sacred heart will follow.

Humanracin, Pink Frost and hownee like this.
  2. Blue vinyl will be lovely

3. Digipak CD bought!

4. I love coloured vinyl but I won’t be double dipping!

...despite the email for 10% off I just got due to the I Can Drive single not being numbered...hmmmm.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  5. Thankfully this means everything must be coming to streaming too, which would be welcome. When I got the box set I had to rip CDs for the first time since the Gulf War or something, which meant having to repurpose an old desktop computer and re-install iTunes. Not to mention having to borrow a DVD player...

Pink Frost likes this.
  6. Probably should have skipped out on the boxset since I don't collect vinyl, but I'm glad standalones are coming for those who waited!

7. The one shining bonus is that those who got the box set get the 3rd disc while those who get these only get the first two discs.

8. Great news! I was kind of expecting them to do both albums at once, but I guess it is good to give each album the spotlight for a while.

9. I've got the box set, but now I'm looking at that pretty Blue vinyl, hmm.

10. I caved. Hopelessly.

Pink Frost and Humanracin like this.
  11. Same! The album has stood up so well. I guess it was totally unique sounding at the time so hasn’t dated

12. It always bugged me how lores the cover art was even on CD. Is that intentional or do you think the vinyl artwork will be clearer?

13. The Hormonally yours CD's are being dispatched for those that ordered recently.

Pink Frost and lob0to like this.
  14. Listening to the extra tracks for the first time and the most surprising was the Andre Brett remix of Stay, sounded like it's lifted directly from Madonna's Erotica album.
    I Don't Care really does sound so much better in its single mix form, I can't put my finger on it, it's almost like it's in a different key?

Jóga, V3RYP05H and tylerc904 like this.
  15. André Betts was all over Justify My Love, Erotica and Waiting during this era.

as for I Don't Care, I enjoy all versions for different reasons but the Single Mix is almost a re-recording of the original, so your ears are not off there.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  16. Interesting a few alternative lyrics in his Stay remix too. It’s divine.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  17. The single version of 'I Don't Care' is not a new mix, it's a completely new recording. They literally covered their own song.

But yes, it has a totally different vibe to the original LP version, though I like both pretty much equally. The single version sounds more like a 'hit', though - as you would expect.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  18. The Andre Betts Mix of Stay is absolutely incredible. I've gotten so much use out of that (and Piece of Heaven) since these deluxe editions. I love the vibe of it and the lyric changes.

V3RYP05H and AshtrayHeart like this.
  19. Taylor Swift could never...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.