Shakira - "Don’t Wait Up" + New Collection of Original Audio Pieces | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Shakira - "Don’t Wait Up" + New Collection of Original Audio Pieces

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Stef, Jul 12, 2021.

1. They didn't even bother cropping the slipcase cover into a square?

[​IMG]

JuanJose, LPT, Andy French and 4 others like this.
  2. She may be whatever now, but ''Laundry Service'' was that album.

3. Yeah it was a huge era, hit after hit.

The lil gays were eating good that era, we had Madonna, Whitney and Janet coming back, Britney, Christina, Mandy, Jessica sticking around, the latin huns like Shakira, JLo, Ricky Martin - then stuff like Gwen and Anastacia, or the alt / rock chicks like Nelly Furtado, Avril and P!nk. Add Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Leann Rimes, Shania... Then girlbands like Atomic Kitten, Destiny's Child, Mis-teeq - plus all the solo Spice releases hitting? Even stuff for the mumsy gays like Gabrielle, The Corrs and Dido? Or british lasses like Billie Piper, Martine McCutchen and Louise realising bop after bop?

Reason we have so many gays nowadays confirmed.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  4. New video of her talking about Laundry Service. Shame she doesn’t talk about the album tracks though.

nooniebao likes this.
  5. Truly a monumental album and era.

6. I was such a lil kid (8 years old) and the daughter of a colleague of my dad introduced Shakira to me. I was instantly obsessed. I kept asking my parents to buy the cd for me and still have it, although the slipcase is severely broken hehe.

The videos of that era were playing all the time in tv, ever growing my obsession. I kept daydreaming about the man from Underneath Your Clothes video, and my dumb ass decided to sing that a capella at summer camp during the last (performances) night. Everyone then realized I was a fagguette at that moment, years before I even considered doubts.

Yes, there’s a piece of it on videotape, rip.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  7. NEED

8. I got Laundry Service for Christmas 20 years ago and it was easily the strangest album I had encountered lyrically and sonically. I was 8 and Poem to a Horse and Eyes Like Yours were revelations to a kid who had never really listened to anything other than straightforward pop and R&B.

9. Boars found wanting poems too.

nooniebao, Staticboombox, LPT and 8 others like this.
  10. Not you quoting my entire Christmas wish list to my parents from back in the day.

11. Shaki's poem to a boar

I'll stop exposing you on Instagram
    About stealing Milan's sandwich
    If you'll act like a gentleman
    And kindly pay my taxes

12. Hahahaha I can't!
    She needs to incorporate the boars into her next tour*, like Madonna did with the horses and X-rays on Confessions.

*Unless she's in Spanish jail

wodny and Vasilios like this.
  13. Definitely.

The Wild Board VIP Package includes
    - Meet & Greet with Shakira
    - Pre-show drinks at the dedicated Boar's Nest bar
    - One (1) free gift of a torn bootleg Off-White bag
    - Early Entry to run inside the venue while the dancers chase you
    - Dedicated on site stuff

14. "Destroy Everything: The Boar Tour"

LPT, wodny, cookiedough and 1 other person like this.
  15. Her reputation is coming.

cookiedough likes this.
  16. ¿Dónde Están los Auditores?

Atletico, Jóga, Verandi and 8 others like this.
  17. Laundry Service was such a formative album for me. I still listen to it regularly, but burned into my mind will always be the hours spent playing Sims as a child, just whiling away time, with the album on repeat. Like @tylerc904 said, it was just so weird to me (at the time) but undeniably catchy. It informed my tastes going forward, no doubt.

JuanJose, Satyress, Crisp X and 8 others like this.
  18. I remember my and my entire family’s reaction when “Eyes Like Yours” came on, ranging from “oh, this translation didn’t work very well” to “ew, why did she even bother”, because “Ojos Asi” was just that bop that we enjoyed a lot when it originally came out.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  19. This completely highlights how crap a lot of current music is. What a time to be a baby gay!

chrisconfessed likes this.
  20. This made me feel so nostalgic and a bit emotional, times were good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.