Shakira - Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran (Mar 22)

The whole thing is so weird ddd

If she was innocent, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to prove how many days she spent in Spain given her public status. Equally, if she knew she couldn’t do that she should have just taken this plea deal months ago.
She likes to keep everyone on their toes
I'm kinda more surprised a deal was still on the table at this point? but at least it's finally over

Excuse you but Te Felicito, Monotonia, #53 and TQG are all total smashes. El Jefe and Copa Vacia are quite nice as well. It's definitely shaping up to be a very solid album.
They are ok songs which would have paled in comparison to any album track pre self titled, let's be honest.

Session #53 is a soon to be classic, actually. That hook is undeniable! The she wolf reference felt less like a lame throwback, and more like she finally woke up and realized she's Shakira again. It's the song that really felt like a statement that she has renewed spunk and passion for her music that we haven't seen in years.

Apparently she’s paying a €7mill fine, I reckon that she probably was fine but probably doesn’t want to bring her offshore accounts back into the public with a lengthy trial.

Apparently she’s paying a €7mill fine, I reckon that she probably was fine but probably doesn’t want to bring her offshore accounts back into the public with a lengthy trial.

I doubt she was "fine". She is paying back that huge tax amount that is due as well as the 7 million euro fine. That statement she released was delusional.

Big win for Spanish tax office.

To be honest, the fine she paid is pennies to someone like her - that’s even leaving aside the fact she just sold her catalog and that she’d been paying Bahamas level income tax through the Laundry Service / Oral Fixation years.

As part of het settlement, she's paying that 7 million fine + 432k to avoid spending 3 years in jail. Then there's also the 14.5 million they claimed she owed which she had already paid back. The Spanish authorities are now 22 million richer!
No wonder the good sis is going on her "most extensive and important" tour yext year!

I thought she did not take the deal and was preparing for court. But now the deal was still on the table, that long? Hmm, probably another rich privilege.

As part of het settlement, she's paying that 7 million fine + 432k to avoid spending 3 years in jail. Then there's also the 14.5 million they claimed she owed which she had already paid back. The Spanish authorities are now 22 million richer!
No wonder the good sis is going on her "most extensive and important" tour yext year!

Makes you think maybe more pop girls should be getting sued, if that's what it takes for them to actually release an album and tour.

I thought the point of the trial was that she and her team disputed the 14million, so she’s settled on paying less at 7.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...anish-tax-authorities-to-avoid-145m-tax-trial

He/Him
If I were in-charge of the Spanish tax agency’s social media accounts (which I am repeatedly told I am not) I would definitely be posting about who ‘El Jefe’ is now. Rub it in! Make it hurt! Get that engagement!

christina-aguilera-click.gif

Last edited:
I thought the point of the trial was that she and her team disputed the 14million, so she’s settled on paying less at 7.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...anish-tax-authorities-to-avoid-145m-tax-trial
Under the deal, Shakira is to receive a suspended three-year sentence and to pay a fine of 7.3 million euros ($8 million) in addition to the previously unpaid taxes and interest. She will pay another fine of 432,000 euros ($472,000) in exchange for having her prison sentence waived.
https://apnews.com/article/shakira-spain-trial-tax-fraud-bahamas-9c594f89ddce35c76ea08b02192b120b

The settlement was her way of avoiding the trial, which was expected to include more than 100 witnesses over several weeks, airing her daily life in Barcelona - It was instead called off after just eight minutes.

Under the deal, Shakira is to receive a suspended three-year sentence and to pay a fine of 7.3 million euros ($8 million) in addition to the previously unpaid taxes and interest. She will pay another fine of 432,000 euros ($472,000) in exchange for having her prison sentence waived.
https://apnews.com/article/shakira-spain-trial-tax-fraud-bahamas-9c594f89ddce35c76ea08b02192b120b

The settlement was her way of avoiding the trial, which was expected to include more than 100 witnesses over several weeks, airing her daily life in Barcelona - It was instead called off after just eight minutes.

Her ex boyfriend and gynaecologist had been summoned to court. It would have been a wild hearing.

She has an amazing back catalogue but I’ve really soured on her since the tax evasion, Panama Papers and wild boar incident.

I wonder how will all of *points vaguely* this will affect, if at all, her relationship with Spain. The last years have been a whole lot, I guess.

I do wish she'd shown a little bit of accountability, even in saying she'd been ill-advised with her money or how turning a blind eye doesn't free you from your responsibilities but oh, well.