Shakira - "Monotonía" + General Discussion | Page 75 | The Popjustice Forum

Shakira - "Monotonía" + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by vasilios, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Shakira, stop, please.

She is not going to win. She is crazy.

Rafa_el and Juango like this.
  2. I doubt it. Her defence rests on the fact that she wasn’t “mainly” living in Spain. It’s a weak defence because she had just bought a home, was living with Pique and that she was pregnant at the time and later gave birth in Spain. Also, Pique lost his tax case a couple of years ago and had to pay millions. So I would be surprised if she wins.

Also, Spain’s tax prosecutors are no middle-of-the-range public servant lawyers. Just ask Ronaldo, Messi, Mecano.

I also hope she loses. I have no patience for the top 3 percent with their tax loopholes and tax havens, who have their own charities but hate paying into public funds that pay for schools, hospitals, pensions.

3. Should I click on that?
    [​IMG]

Lately, chriscrk, Hurricane and 5 others like this.
  4. it's giving
    [​IMG]

5. She said fuck subtlety this era! You better be sure she will talk about it all! I hope she burns a soccer ball next.

6. Not madre with her dramatic ass! We share our Big 3 zodiac signs so I just get her.

[​IMG]

JuanJose, K94, Jóga and 9 others like this.
  7. Didn’t she just give an interview in a major magazine publication?

Anyway, they recently blasted Shakira in the stadium when Pique was training.

8. Screenshot 2022-10-18 171930.png

I wish she would have taken ANY other direction for the first single after her official split, give us a BOP, a powerballad, an anthem, not this.

(or maybe it's just my personal taste).

Rafa_el likes this.
  9. The song is not great but it will do well in Latin America, she has a tax bill to eventually pay and all with very little creative input.

LPT likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

The song is better than I expected but this single cover... girl.

Leopold, mattieh, LPT and 6 others like this.
  11. Oh this is her best song in years. I'm a bit emotional. She's in her Vulnicura era.

mattieh, huntypoo and francisco like this.
  12. This is a bit......generous mija.

Why does it feel like it's under 2 mins long? I can't tell if it'll be a hit or not; there's not enough subtlety for me.

mattieh, LPT, Mr.Arroz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Imagine what Don’t Bother Shakira would be writing about all this!! I can picture the music video when she kicks the flaming soccer ball through the lookalike models chest leaving a cartoon perfect circle hole

1986, LPT and sesita like this.
  14. the mija part from this comment has me rollin on the floor!

15. Girl, you need to try harder than this.

Is that a boar heart in the video?

An Insider, LPT and YourLeadSinger like this.
  16. Girls... I like the song!

[​IMG]

The video... that's camp.

mattieh, Gasur, Monkey Meat and 2 others like this.
  17. It is indeed a very camp expedition. I also don't really get the girls getting their panties in a knot over any of this when this is... classic Shakira? She has always delivered cheesy puns and in-your-face, not-so-subtle visual analogies, even during her imperial phase, and that's part of her charm. She has also always flirted with this type of sound for years. I can't help but wonder if people just aren't willing to give her a fair shot because of her thievery ways (which... fair!) or if this is yet another case of people not liking a song because they can't relate to its sound as they weren't raised in a place where these genres would blast out of neighborhood windows on cleaning Sundays! If you know you know.

[​IMG]

Lately, lushLuck, JuanJose and 10 others like this.
  18. Pay your taxes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.