Shania Twain - General Discussion | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Shania Twain - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by paul lekakis, Nov 12, 2008.

1. That criticism of Shania's singing is so odd. I always thought her tone had a little Karen Carpenter about it on some of those lower notes. Exceptional diction and crisp vocal delivery in the days of popular music before these qualities went out the window...

x

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  2. I wish in general people would put a lot more respect on vocalists who can emote really well, like a Shania, a Kacey etc. Nine times out of ten (if not ten times) I'd much rather listen to a singer who can make me really feel their emotions over someone who can hit every note but puts more focus on that than selling the actual lyrics.

LPT, Txetxu, colouroffensive and 3 others like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Does anyone know the origin of the 'Pop On Tour Version' of From This Moment On?
    Was it a new edit for the 2004 Greatest Hits, is it another name for a previously available edit?

4. It's an alternative title for "The Right Single Mix". There's some more info here.
    This site is a great resource for the hundreds of mixes from Come On Over.

LPMA and Mvnl like this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ooh thanks! Pretty useful cause that era is.. intimidating at times (I say this with 4 versions of the album on my shelf)

WarZard likes this.
  6. Seems as though a documentary is coming out on Netflix soon. Hopefully this will tie into an album announcement.

[​IMG]

nooniebao, tj-x, LPT and 8 others like this.
  7. The director is Joss Crowley. He has a great style and he’s done some good stuff… but an hour and a half seems kind of short given everything that’s happened in Shania’s life. Her childhood story alone could probably deserve an hour.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  8. I remember watching Shania's VH1 Behind The Music episode decades ago. I'd love to see more about what she's been going through the last several years since having a kid, getting divorced, dealing with her losing her vocal strength.

9. From the preview on Netflix, it doesn’t look like it’ll be a behind the scenes documentary but more of a traditional overview of her life thus far. I think at most it’ll break away for a few moments to show her making the next album.

10. According to member 'Censor' on PulseMusic board:

If it's true, we'll get to hear the new track in the upcoming Netflix doc (out next week - July 26).

So again another year without a new album? Hmm..

11. So another hits collection but with precisely 0 hits since the last one. It actually leaves out Party For Two which was the last hit she had, amazingly.

They’d have been better having the new track as a standalone and then adding it to the new album whenever it comes, to try and boost its first week numbers.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Poor Ka-Ching and Thank You Baby. And post-previous-compilation singles.

Verandi likes this.
  13. Isn't this just songs used or mentioned in the doc rather than a full on Greatest Hits?

14. Hmmm I guess hoping for an album so soon after Now was silly considering how long it took between it and Up!

wasn’t she supposed to be putting a Christmas album out a year or two ago but it got delayed? Maybe that’s been shelved now, we can only hope.

15. Boring (new) collection, boring albumcover:

[​IMG]

lucasdc likes this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Wow that does absolutely nothing for an already unnecessary release
    (The whole CD-r look does not help either)

Digital_Fossil and lucasdc like this.
  17. I am shocked at the inclusion of What Made You Say That.

18. It's the same image used for the documentary so it makes sense to have it for the soundtrack.

19. 13 uptempos (14, if the new song is upbeat) and yet the album cover makes it look like a budget release of ballads that were never released as singles.

Guyhawke! likes this.
  20. Guys this release is for Becky and Joanna who'll watch the doc and maybe grab one during their groceries run. Not everything is about cigs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.