Shania Twain - "Giddy Up!" + Queen of Me (Feb 3) | The Popjustice Forum

Shania Twain - "Giddy Up!" + Queen of Me (Feb 3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music City Queen, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Shania's just posted some photos hinting at the new music, first single from the album will be out September 23rd. An article released by Elle earlier this week confirmed new music would be out by the end of the month.

Titles registered during the recording process include 'Queen of Me', 'You Prick', 'Best Friend' and 'Last Day of Summer', which was co-written with Jack Savoretti.

'Not Just a Girl' is probably a good indicator as to what to expect.

2. It's about bloody time.
    A Jack Savoretti co-write has me interested. He's a majorly talented man.
    My main hope is for lots of upbeat bops from her. I have grown to like Now but she is the Queen of feel good songs.

3. I hope this doesn't sound mean but her voice sounds so normal here! It gives me hope for the album. Not Just a Girl is absolutely a step in the right direction and I think she'll have even better on the record.

4. A new single, next Friday? I didn't expect new music so soon after 'Not Just A Girl', so this is a pleasant surprise! Bring it on Shania!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  5. Very interested to hear this. I really enjoyed Jack’s latest album so I’m sure they could make something great together.

Tiziano's Boy likes this.
  6. Shania updated her header on Twitter.

46788D3C-14AD-4D6F-AC34-2AB58B355E00.jpeg

Cute update to her original logo.

5C5D513D-811B-40A5-A7DB-97C11398835C.jpeg

There’s a story on her Instagram too, she says:

“I’m not going to sit around, I’d rather dream about songs or dream about other things I want to do in my life, I want to just daydream, I want to fantasise and enjoy what I do have and just forget about the stuff I can’t change or can’t have.”

Some people have been theorising that it’ll be a dance-leaning album based on who she’s worked with. I’m guessing the first single is going to be about Shania in the 80s dreaming about making it, dreaming about becoming the superstar she is today. Maybe 80s inspired sounding too, since all the hints so far have had an 80s look to them.

7. Who has she worked with?

8. Mark Ralph is the only definite one we know of, someone mentioned Four Tet has been involved with the record too in some shape or form.

9. adz

adz

Colour me intrigued

Mikal likes this.
  10. How exciting. I like the pink logo. I hope for a big pink cover with 80s bouffant hair.

11. Can’t wait for her to go all out with the tack for this era.
    If she does want a more dance leaning record, I hope she has a few bops with banjo-dance breakdowns like this

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    Tiziano's Boy and Digital_Fossil like this.
  12. Must admit, am really excited for this! Bring it on Shania.

13. Oh my GOD

14. Can't wait for Friday! The lead single is probably going to be called "Wake Up Dreaming" (or maaaybe "Gotta Be Now Or Never")

Tiziano's Boy and StefanK like this.
  15. Here we go :D

[TWEET]

Sunny B, Mr.Arroz, Alenko and 12 others like this.
  16. 100 points for that artwork!! Can't wait for friday!!

LPT and Tiziano's Boy like this.
  17. I love this obvious pivot to "fun" and I can't wait to hear what she's come up with in a post-Now world

LPT and Andy French like this.
  18. The artwork is beautifully hideous. A Shania era is upon us

Tommy Johnson likes this.
  19. Excited for this but that font, colour and placement is just wrong!

Stopremix likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.