Shawn Mendes - "When You're Gone" + General Discussion | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Shawn Mendes - "When You're Gone" + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by -Jay-, Aug 7, 2021.

1. He's finally decided to wake up and use some of that talent. This is fab.

2. I don’t think it’s enough.

Mr Blonde, 1991, Verandi and 5 others like this.
  3. Oh yes I love this! Hopefully it’s an indication of the direction of the new record??

4. I'm surprised at how strong the reaction here is, though I guess the bar was on the floor ddd. It's fine. It definitely sounds like something radio could latch onto through the summer, but there's nothing particularly fun or exciting about it. I thought he had a lot of promise around Lost in Japan after that early string of hits, but everything since then has been increasingly vanilla. I wish he leaned more into the funky guitar pop.

Mr Blonde, Wishlight, Island and 5 others like this.
  5. It’s a very safe course correction, as predicted, but it’s a very cute bop, he looks great and the vocals are fantastic. I’ll take what I can get.

6. I wondered if they realized that the fake relationship and the music that came with it was bad for his image/marketability, but no, now they're clinging to the scraps of it.

If it weren't a post-Camila Shawn Mendes song, I'd probably love it, but he's totally lost me since they "got together".

7. Yeah this is really good, hopefully he gets a bit more success this time around.

8. It debuted at #6 on Spotify US and #35 global. Solid start. It should get a boost with all the New Music playlists today, too. It's got top 5 placement on Today's Top Hits.

9. This is so much more like it! It definitely feels like a course correcting song, so I hope that actually happens for him.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  10. Oh, this is actually good…

Robbietoxic likes this.
  11. Aly & Aj would have bodied this song. The production reminds me a lot of Holy Ground too. It's his first bearable single since "Nervous" probably.

12. This photo… does it for me dd.

13. Whatever happens to his career, his Calvin Klein photoshoot remains an iconic moment in time

[​IMG]

Wishlight, iRelate, goldfish and 13 others like this.
    -Jay- likes this.
    -Jay- likes this.
  16. He is going to be SO unattractive in 10 years time...

17. Not as unattractive as this comment.

18. What even is this? Pathetic.

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Based on what, though? In ten years he will be... 33. That's only two years older than Olly Alexander and Ed Sheeran are now and three years older than Charlie Puth is at the moment. Let's not just start randomly slating the appearance of future versions of popstars for no reason.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.