Sheena Easton | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Sheena Easton

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by VoR, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Exactly, good to see more Sheena on digital platforms.... but, these aren't going to be very me albums I think all the same.

idratherjack and IEngineered like this.
  2. I really hope the reissue series for Sheena's catalogue hasn't fallen by the wayside.

nlad90 likes this.
  3. Not heard anything lately. Hopefully they’re taking their time and doing them right.

4. My Cherie has a few nice tracks. A return to her pop roots. No Strings is a standards album. Even I’m not interested in that!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  5. Yes, a standards album is not me especially, may well try My Cherie though.

Tommy Johnson likes this.
  6. A few sluggish ballads, but some nice pop songs there. Not her greatest work though.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  7. Is her song from Indecent Proposal on My Cherie too?

8. What song is that?

10. Just seen the tracklist for My Cherie, and it seems indeed that above song is on there. Just played out of curiosity her cover of The Man That Got Away, and her voice is beautiful on it.

Tommy Johnson likes this.
  11. The Nearness Of You isn’t on my copy of My Cherie.

12. Sorry meant No Strings!

IEngineered and Tommy Johnson like this.
  13. No Strings has its magical moments, The Nearness of You is one of them. But My Cherie felt safe and uninspired.

14. No Strings is a great album, Sheena never sounded better.

My Cherie is indeed a safe album but it has its moments.

15. Now come on What Comes Naturally please!

idratherjack likes this.
  16. shuper007, zephyr, lob0to and 3 others like this.
  17. idratherjack likes this.
  18. idratherjack and nlad90 like this.
  19. Great news. At least they’re doing something. CR were supposed to be releasing deluxe editions of Sheena’s first 5 albums this year. Hopefully this is the start of that.

The cover picture of the GH is from the Do You era. Undoubtedly not one Sheena holds dear to her heart!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.