Sheena Easton | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Sheena Easton

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by VoR, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Well, they’ve put the recent Kim Wilde 2 CD hits compilation on Spotify, so maybe Sheena’s will come in time..

2. That maybe in the UK, but the Kim Wilde compilation isn't showing here in the Netherlands unfortunately...

3. Nor on any other UK service yet as far as I can see alas.

zephyr likes this.
  4. I played Disc 1 of the Definitive Singles last night, and gotta say, she truly has one of the most consistent singles runs of any artist of the 1980s.

Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  5. I was pleasantly surprised by the "lost" single Sweet Talker which is a bop with great Shep Pettibone production.

6. Looking forward to hearing this one in full!!

idratherjack likes this.
  7. Luckily they have included the Shep Pettibone 12" mix too then!

IEngineered and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  8. I really do love this set. Lots of effort gone into it, even with the artwork.

IEngineered and idratherjack like this.
  9. Eric Generic likes this.
  10. Eric Generic likes this.
  11. Listened to this on the way home tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it, Sheena is such an underrated artist.

Some of her best lesser known singles and biggest bops

[​IMG]

12. Truly all bops.

idratherjack likes this.
  13. Telefone still reminds me of Laura Branigan’s Gloria…

14. I knew there was a reason I liked it so much.

IEngineered and Tommy Johnson like this.
  15. Same producers I believe.

Tommy Johnson likes this.
  16. So many phones about telephones at the start of the 80s - it was probably when home devices started being readily available in every home as opposed to just rich people?

17. Could well be.

18. "Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair) is a song that everyone can relate to, because everyone's been doing telephones, and it's Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)! So everyone can relate to that song."

So Far So Good is an unspeakably underappreciated jam.

19. Love both of these!

idratherjack likes this.
  20. So Far So Good is my favourite song on the new Sheena collection, I've always felt it is underrated. So feel good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.