Sheena Easton

Sheena%252520Easton%252520-%252520Essential__02167.1676572168.1280.1280.jpg

https://badlands.co.uk/sheena-easton-the-essential-7-singles-1980-1987-2lps-7-rsd-2023/

Vinyl version of the Cherry Red set from a few years ago. Very tempted. Released 22nd April for Record Store Day.

Last edited:
Speaking of Sheena, currently giving her 1987 album, No Sound But A Heart a proper go. Not a bad record overall, a bit too ballady and needs some more uptempos, but quite good. The production and songwriting team, is late 80s finest as well: Prince, Narada Michael Walden, Patrick Leonard, John Bettis, James Ingram, Keith Diamond. Sheena sure did work with some of the best.

Speaking of Sheena, currently giving her 1987 album, No Sound But A Heart a proper go. Not a bad record overall, a bit too ballady and needs some more uptempos, but quite good. The production and songwriting team, is late 80s finest as well: Prince, Narada Michael Walden, Patrick Leonard, John Bettis, James Ingram, Keith Diamond. Sheena sure did work with some of the best.

Still in Love is my favourite from that album.

I'm really enjoying "Do It for Love" today. The rubbery Nile Rodgers production is slick. I should dig into the full Do You album.

Does anybody know if there are any plans for Cherry Red to reissue other albums from her catalogue?

I was expecting to get an expanded edition of Best Kept Secret, it's been a while since they did anything with that album but we just got a remastered vinyl last year.

Does anybody know if there are any plans for Cherry Red to reissue other albums from her catalogue?

I was expecting to get an expanded edition of Best Kept Secret, it's been a while since they did anything with that album but we just got a remastered vinyl last year.
It seems like the albums they don’t consider there’s enough bonus content for are just being issued on vinyl. You Could Have Been With Me is another of them.

There is a CD boxset supposed to be coming out that features all the EMI albums as well as DVD content though.

It seems like the albums they don’t consider there’s enough bonus content for are just being issued on vinyl. You Could Have Been With Me is another of them.

There is a CD boxset supposed to be coming out that features all the EMI albums as well as DVD content though.
I imagine that'd be the case. She was moving rather quickly with each album, so I was wondering if there are any unreleased songs or mixes from Best Kept Secret or Do You, but maybe not enough to warrant a full deluxe release.

I'm here for another boxset, although I hope it's not a repeat of the 2014 one that was issued by Warner, but some rarities and b-sides disc is included with it.

I imagine that'd be the case. She was moving rather quickly with each album, so I was wondering if there are any unreleased songs or mixes from Best Kept Secret or Do You, but maybe not enough to warrant a full deluxe release.

I'm here for another boxset, although I hope it's not a repeat of the 2014 one that was issued by Warner, but some rarities and b-sides disc is included with it.
I think the new boxset will be a lot better than that one.

There was a US CD of Best Kept Secret about 25 years ago than had a handful of bonus tracks. Mostly remixes, but there was a ‘new’ song called Wish You Were Here that I liked. Should have made the album really.

I think the new boxset will be a lot better than that one.

There was a US CD of Best Kept Secret about 25 years ago than had a handful of bonus tracks. Mostly remixes, but there was a ‘new’ song called Wish You Were Here that I liked. Should have made the album really.
Yeah I still have nightmares about sourcing some of those 90's reissues!

"Wish You Were Here" was originally a b-side to "Telefone (Long Distance Affair)" and I agree it was album worthy. It was also released by a male singer Ray Charles in 1983 (who even named his album after the song). I think Sheena's version is technically a cover.