Sheryl Crow - Duets (last?!) Album | The Popjustice Forum

Sheryl Crow - Duets (last?!) Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Sheryl Crow confirmed her upcoming duets album will be out in 2019. The confirmed list of collaborators so far includes:
    • St. Vincent
    • Keith Richards
    • Neil Young
    • Willie Nelson
    • Don Henley
    • Stevie Nicks
    • Emmylou Haris
    • Sting
    • James Taylor
    • Joe Walsh
    +more to be announced

In an interview, this song was announced as the new single from it. "Wouldn't Wanna Be Like You" is a duet with St. Vincent. I imagine it'll hit streaming soon, but here's a radio rip:

More surprisingly, Sheryl says this will be her last album. She can't imagine following this up with anything because this is such a "big" record. It's also a response to the way people consume albums these days. I'd be... surprised if this were the case, but it's interesting to hear her talk like this.

spillett and Slamb like this.
  2. I like Sheryl but the collaborators list seems so predictable, don’t really think this album will be as big as she thinks..

Deconstruct likes this.
  3. N(n)(n) not political Sheryl again. “Gasoline” was a bop, though.

4. Despite working with people like Michael Jackson, Kid Rock and The Corrs, Sheryl has always had an older head on her shoulders. With the exception of St Vincent, the MOJO-esque list of duets isn't much of a surprise.

Deconstruct likes this.
  5. Duet albums, live albums, demo albums, cover albums, just no.

achilles, chrisconfessed and dylbop like this.
  6. I used to be such a massive fan but I didn’t like either of her last 2 records at all. I don’t think I’m a fan anymore.

Last time this happened to me was with Jewel but she came back with Picking Up The Pieces so there’s still hope in the long run I guess.

7. Why do I get Spice Girls vibes from the St Vincent song?

8. St. Vincent appearing on a duets album feels weirdly...alien to me after the masterpiece that was Masseduction but it’s good. I’ve missed Sheryl’s voice, it’s a shame this may be her last album.

Jwentz likes this.
  9. She performed the song live last night and it sounded pretty great. I'd be surprised if this really was her last album.

10. This is kinda sad as I really really liked Be Myself. Oh well.

The track with St Vincent is great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.