Sheryl Crow - General Discussion | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Sheryl Crow - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. It's rather gorgeous! Reminds me a little of something that would've been on the Wildflower album.

2. I really like this. It manages to incorporate influences from almost all of her albums somehow? Definitely hear Wildflower, even some Globe Sessions.

3. Yep, it’s like a mix of Home, Riverwide, Chances Are and others. Really lovely.

mcuk, bonnieetclyde and Pop Life like this.
  4. Love the new song, it's gorgeous.

SlowBurn likes this.
  5. Makes me want a new album… oh well.

SlowBurn likes this.
  6. "Live with Me" from the documentary soundtrack out at midnight.

SlowBurn and bonnieetclyde like this.
  7. Didn't realize it was a Rolling Stones cover. I really like this though, the crunchiness and the filter on her voice makes it feel like 90s Sheryl.

Coolrockgirl and SlowBurn like this.
  8. Yes definitely reminds me of rockier 90s Sheryl whom I love!

9. Do we know if this will air in the UK?

10. “Still the Same” is so gorgeous.

Slamb, Pop Life and Coolrockgirl like this.
  11. All three new recordings are excellent. The two originals stand alongside her very best, and I enjoy the Stones cover more than I thought I would.

12. I am so impressed with all 3 new songs! The production is 10x more interesting than anything on Threads. I cannot wait to cuddle up with the documentary this weekend. It's getting great reviews.

13. Where can we watch this in the U.K.?

14. I torrented it. Really, really enjoyed the documentary. It wasn’t too tabloidy and superficial, like a lot of these documentaries can be. Plenty of focus on the music, especially the first 3 albums.

How have I never seen that pre-fame appearance in Cop Rock??

ElectricKnight and bonnieetclyde like this.
  15. I would love to see it, so with luck Sky Documentaries will grab it, or Netflix.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  16. The documentary was good. It's a shame that a lot of the recent stuff was skipped over but that's fair enough.

17. All this new Sheryl stuff has got me revisiting the few albums of hers I own. Feels Like Home is such a gem of an album, the full on Country sound suits her writing and voice so well.
    Waterproof Mascara is a career highlight and such a heart break of a song
    "Thank god they make waterproof mascara
    cause it wont run like his daddy did"

Callin' Me When I'm Lonely, Easy, Homecoming Queen and Crazy Ain't Original are also all amazing.

bonnieetclyde and ElectricKnight like this.
  18. Interview with Kelly Clarkson. Yes, Kelly gets over-eager at points but they definitely have a shared connection that makes it an interesting conversation to witness. Sheryl casually mentions Be Myself and "nobody heard it" - broke my heart a bit! I still think it's underrated!

Sheryl also performed Forever. I really love this song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.