Sheryl Crow General Discussion | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Sheryl Crow General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. The country album was worth it for

"Thank God they make waterproof mascara
    'Cause it won't run like his daddy did"

I think Detours is, half great, half slightly embarassing, but it was a step in the right direction production wise. 100 Miles I'm not sure I actually made it all the way through.

SlowBurn and Deleted member 5343 like this.
  2. I still have a soft spot for her but haven’t really checked out anything since Wildflower.

St Vincent is the only exciting duet on that list. Imagine if she recorded with more of the new generation of singer-songwriters: Maggie Rogers, Sky Tonia, Kacey Musgraves, even Taylor and Pink would be cool.

3. “Feels like home” was such a good album. I was hoping she would stick with that sound for a bit.

Was really disappointed when I heard the “Be myself” album. Probably one of her worst.

SlowBurn likes this.
  4. Yep, Feels Like Home actually turned out far better than her attempt to recreate the self-titled and Globe Sessions albums with Be Myself. Feels Like Home has excellent songs from beginning to end.

5. Be Myself was really good, albeit not as strong as her earlier albums but there were some fantastic tracks on that record.

Judy Jetson Hooker, Slamb and nametag like this.
  6. great news
    don't think it's gonna be her final album, that's something she said

agree 1000% on what someone said about The Globe Sessions, worst album title ever and very misleading way to put out a brand new album by making everybody think it's a live one

7. 'Riverwide' was the original title. I'm not sure why that changed.

8. Riverwide would have been a great title. Superb song too. I adore the Globe Sessions album, her best by far. Delighted to hear this news about the new signing.

SlowBurn likes this.
  9. Her duet with Johnny Cash on “Redemption Day” out Friday.

SlowBurn likes this.
  10. It’s very good obviously, but the original version is so, so much better. This is much too polite.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  11. I think the new version is awful. It's just unnecessary and not a patch on the original. The fact that she said this is the definitive version makes me want to die.

nametag, Coolrockgirl and SlowBurn like this.
  12. I've long come to terms with the fact that Sheryl is no longer the best judge of her own work. She lost her edge a long time ago and never got it back. She still makes very good music, but the rawness and edge that her first three albums had, seemed to vanish overnight.

13. I’m not even going to listen. I don’t know why she still bothers. The absolute fall in quality is astonishing.

14. I don’t like this at all. The original is one of my all time favorite songs! Why mess with perfection?
    And splicing it together with a dead person’s recording is just weird.
    When she said she was going to do a duets album, I thought she meant she would write all new songs and record them together in the studio with the duet partners.

15. If this is what she is releasing as music now, I can understand why she said it would be her last album. It’s terrible.

I’m sure her old unreleased music that is way better. Would prefer to hear that.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  16. Although I've posted about it, I've not actually bothered to listen.

17. This has just made me want a vinyl release of the self titled album more tbh. Imagine switching that stunning guitar line with some by-numbers piano plodding and calling it definitive.

I think Be Myself was great but I hope this is an anomaly on the next album.

18. I quite like this now. I agree, it's not a patch on the original, but it's a nice take on it.

SlowBurn likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.