Shōgun (FX)

Starring Hiroyuki Sanada of The Last Samurai and John Wick 4.

EfUqYA1WsAAKXel.jpg

Just finished the 2 episodes available. One of the best written show i’ve seen in a while.
The political intrigue and savagery I’ve seen is probably just the beginning of what’s to come.

The best advice I can give about this is to watch the second episode. The first one was such a bombardment of new faces and information without context that I very nearly gave up because I simply did not care and didn't enjoy feeling lost. It's the second episode that provides backstory and fills in the blanks that makes you invested in the conflict and the players so stick with it because it's actually rich and rewarding.

Last edited:
She/Her/Queen
I wanna start this but I'm not ready for something that requires my undivided attention nn

The best advice I can give about this is to watch the second episode. The first one was such a bombardment of new faces and information without context that I very nearly gave up because I simply did not care and didn't enjoy feeling lost. It's the second episode that provides backstory and fills in the blanks that makes you invested in the conflict and the players so stick with it because it's actually rich and rewarding.
Ohhhh, I keep having to stop episode 1 because I have no idea what’s going on but I’ll continue and try episode 2 in this case.

Ohhhh, I keep having to stop episode 1 because I have no idea what’s going on but I’ll continue and try episode 2 in this case.
I read the Vulture recap and they were like "thank God this show doesn't do the tv trope of exposition" and I kept thinking girl, it's a trope because it works. I very nearly gave up on this show because it felt so confusing that I lost interest and I'm not even a browse Tiktok while I watch type of viewer. I'm shocked they didn't get network notes to explain the plot, I am willing to bet it's going to cost them viewers. That said, watch the second one and things will become clearer.

The last 10 minutes of episode 4 had to be the best piece of television I’ve ever seen!

I’m shocked this show isn’t being talked more about!

This is such a good series! The visuals are exceptional and the writing is amazing! I get that it might be too exhausting for some because you can’t just watch it alongside, but it’s worth it!

Also the actress that plays Mariko… Anna Sawai. I’m in awe! She does an excellent job and is extremely captivating every time she’s on screen

Last edited: