Shura - Forevher (Second Album) & BKLYNLDN | The Popjustice Forum

Shura - Forevher (Second Album) & BKLYNLDN

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Mar 4, 2019.

1. The creator of one of 2016's strongest albums has begun the teasing period of a new release. Her Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have been cleaned out and plastered with nothing but blue, which usually means an announcement is looming.

What are we hoping will follow on from the gorgeous Nothing's Real?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. Nothing's Real was my favourite album of 2016 so I am perched as fuck for this. Decimate me with depressing tunes, Kween.

Love Deluxe, Ferk, Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  3. There’s been a short snippet uploaded to her Instagram story on the hour for the past 6 hours. Hoping it leads to something at midnight!

Antony85 likes this.
  4. Can't wait for this. I'm listening to Nothing's Real right now and the title track and 2Shy still do things to me.

Kuhleezi likes this.
  5. More teasing

superultra, Lander, Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  6. So excited.

Ferk likes this.
  7. Finally. I'm ready.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. She's got a huge task following up such a brilliant pop album as Nothing's Real, but I'm so intrigued!

Ferk and Mikal like this.
  9. I'm trying not to overhype this in my mind but it's hard not to. "Nothing's Real" was my AOTY in 2016 and also now among my favorites of all time, not only because the music is so good but because of really fond personal memories. I'm here for whatever she brings next, on its own terms.

Ferk and Slice of Life like this.
  10. Nothing’s Real was a quiet revelation for me. I didn’t take to it immediately but by happenstance revisited it during my first road trip alone and it ended up soundtracking my week of solitude. I don’t know that anything will be able to recapture the magic of that album but leaning into a higher tempo could push her sound in a new direction.

relby and Ferk like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Moderator

YAS finally!

Ferk and slaybellz like this.
  12. Took long enough.

nooniebao, 2014 and Ferk like this.
  13. Beyond excited for this! Nothing's Real as a whole was a slow burner, so I've not got a huge pressure on my mind for this to be immediately brilliant, which is almost a relief. I can't wait.

Ferk likes this.
  14. Excited for this having loved the debut but do I wonder if the bit of momentum she built up has been lost in the past couple of years.

15. She better give me another sweet 80s-inspired ballad, I still use 2Shy and Kindz N Stuff but I need some new stuff to get me teary.

Ferk likes this.
  16. A sister to 'Make it Up' is all I ask.

AndrewX and Ferk like this.
  17. Oh my god I figured we’d be waiting another few years for this! Her debut ended up becoming one of my favorite records of the last decade at least and I still play it constantly. I can’t wait to hear what she’s been working on.

Slice of Life and 2014 like this.
  18. New single premieres in two days!

[​IMG]

19. What does it say on her T-shirt in that new press pic? "ForevHer"? Possible title?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.