Shura - Forevher (Second Album) & BKLYNLDN | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Shura - Forevher (Second Album) & BKLYNLDN

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Mar 4, 2019.

1. I love her!

Ferk and Slice of Life like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Moderator

ok but when is the album coming because I can already see this being in my top 3 of the year.

Ferk and backstreetjoe like this.
  3. BKLYNLDN is fantastic, the intro alone had me tbh. So so ready for the album.

4. That outro is something else. I'm so glad she's back. Her debut was stunning.

Island, Lander, Ferk and 6 others like this.
  5. Well this is just wonderful. I wasn't expecting her to match the quality of the debut to be honest but the early omens seem pretty good.

Ferk likes this.
  6. It’s like her take on a ‘90s sensual slow jam, and I am so here for it.

7. I was about to say the same, it's the perfect progression from her previous album. I love the odd little sounds running throughout it. Can't wait for the album!

Ferk, JapaneseJesus and slaybellz like this.
  8. S(he's) Br(ok)en

Ferk and Rhombus like this.
  9. Wow, what the fuck? This is brilliant. Dare I say my favorite song of 2019’so far.

Wasn’t expecting something like this from her. I definitely pick up the Bon Iver influences, but also some Janet. So gorgeous!

Cathal, Ferk and Slice of Life like this.
  10. BKLYNLDN is beautiful. I hope the album is coming very soon

2014, Ferk, sesita and 2 others like this.
  11. 1. The new song is amazing. This more R&B vibe suits her soft voice amazingly.
    2. I was right about the album title on her T-shirt! A pretty cool title if you ask me.
    3. I can't believe we have full album details already. A reverse debut album era tea.
    4. She's no longer on Polydor Records and is now instead signed to American independent label Secretly Canadian, which also has Anohni and The War On Drugs on their roster. Sounds promising and probably for the better!

That's all I wanted to get off my chest, phew.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    2014, Lander, Ferk and 9 others like this.
  12. Damn I had no clue she was back.

13. Secretly Canadian sis! The Secretly group (Secretly Canadian, Dead Oceans and Jagjaguwar) have so many amazing artists and she won’t face the same pressures she would have previously had with Polydor.

Quite a few of their artists get a good amount of love from the indiesphere too (Mitski, Sharon Van Etten, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Bon Iver).

2014, Ferk, Cedric and 7 others like this.
  14. Wig flew (and then landed last minute)!

Lander, Ferk, sesita and 6 others like this.
  15. This is everything I wanted and more. We going *airplane emoji* Album of the Year... again.

16. What a lovely surprise for a dull Monday day so nice to have this lady’s voice back in my ears.

Didn’t know what to expect after the fantastic debut but if this track is anything to go by the sophomore album is going to be everything I wanted and more.

Slay Shura Slay.

17. Oh my god. BKLYNLDN is amazing, and completely unexpected while also making sense as the next step in her sound.

2014, Cathal, superultra and 2 others like this.
  18. I felt it had a vibe similar to the 1975's - Sincerity is Scary, and then realized it was produced by 2 of the band members, so that makes sense. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album, Nothing's Real is so great, I'm hoping she can pull it out of the bag again.

clean your wig fridge and Cedric like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.