Sigrid - Debut Album (Sound Of 2018 Winner) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - Debut Album (Sound Of 2018 Winner)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. I'm seriously wondering why an intern at Island's A&R thought it a good idea to follow a song as ambitious as 'Strangers' with this string of sloppy midtempos that aren't even bland enough for the IKEA bedroom department playlist. She's shown us she's got some good songs. It shouldn't be that hard to release them.

2. I snatched her Don't Kill My Vibe EP on Vinyl today, I thought this was a promising start to a fruitful career, I hope it doesn't turn out to be her creative peak.

Anyway, it's nice to listen to these tracks after these, you know, not-that-good tracks from the latest EP.

Jacques and euphorial like this.
  3. Is this EP just a way for her to get New Music Friday every week for a couple of months, and stall things while Strangers is still doing its thing on radio? Or am I giving the benefit of the doubt and there's really no strategy at all?

I picked up the vinyl too. Looks and sounds great.

4. her team are amazing

mcuk likes this.
  6. I just want to add that I'm LIVING for High Five today.

Cathal likes this.
  7. High Five is awesome.

8. The lyrics are so fucking on point!

9. It's very Rae Morris-y vocally.

Mother Folcker likes this.
  10. Ok so High Five is great.

11. So she's been writing with Emily Warren again.

Island and FiFi like this.
  12. Pretty sure where getting the High Five video today. For anyone who was apart of the Facebook Messenger game she shared 2 teasers of the video and todays date.

rubirub, Kuhleezi, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  14. Cute video! Still not completely convinced it's a good enough follow up to Strangers though.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. Yes... *nervous laughter* this immediate follow-up to 'Strangers'.

Rem, Kuhleezi, Subspace88 and 7 others like this.
  16. High Five has grown on me a lot especially after the 1-2 disappointing punch of Raw and that other song.

17. The High Five video is downright lovely, but it doesn't mask the song being just a poor man's Don't Kill My Vibe.

18. It is pretty much just a rework of Don't Kill My Vibe but it's not without its charms

19. ok hello to Hallway Dude.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.