Sigrid - How to Let Go (2nd Album) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - How to Let Go (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, May 16, 2021.

1. They will be used I believe. “Bad Life” is not included on physical editions for a reason.

2. My guess is that the actual vinyls for the original cover will be used as part of the Amazon Exclusive and Indies Exclusive, especially as the pink does not match the new cover at all yet did match the old one. They must have just reprinted the sleeves.

computer boy likes this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It Gets Dark really doesn't scream single....she's being done so wrong.

4. It Gets Dark is a really strong song. The best thing she's put out since probably Strangers or Don't Feel Like Crying.

nooniebao and Creguk like this.
  5. strictmachine79 likes this.
  6. I think it’s strong but still not in the same league as Burning Bridges. One of my favourite things she’s ever done!

7. It Gets Dark files off all the interesting quirks and edges that make her interesting. I feel like this could be sung by, like, Demi Lovato or something.

8. Robert and computer boy like this.
  9. Her very own Rocket Man?

I like it, it's the most fresh and interesting track she's released this era for me.

10. Is she difficult to market?

11. It Gets Dark is pleasant but in a track-8-of-the-album way rather than a pre-album single. It certainly hasn’t killed my anticipation of the album but hasn’t added to it either. Burning Bridges remains the best song of the campaign so far, maybe her best ever actually.

12. I love the song a lot. It’s super interesting if you know what I mean. I imagined Adele releasing it as her first single and can’t unhear it.

13. Yup, Burning Bridges remains the strongest song from this era so far.

I think my main problem with what we've heard so far is that it's all pleasant but a bit... lite? There's really no sonic growth from the first album (which didn't exactly set the world on fire), and that breezy pop sound is just a little too Jess Glynne to my ears.

The first record reminded me a lot of Amy Studt's False Smiles (but without the couple of monster songs that were on that album), I think I'd have quite liked something akin to My Paper Made Men to follow it up.

EDIT: Re-listening to False Smiles. I'm wrong, Sigrid wishes.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  14. Wait at me reading back on this thread and seeing this....and they said Taylor's easter eggs had no impact!

15. This has now really grown on me. It’s really solid.

16. I think she hasn’t done a mistake in regards to rollout singles so far for this album. It Gets Dark is not as impressive as Burning Bridges but it is a cute bop. I am anxiously looking forward to this.

17. Oop!

18. Mirror/Burning Bridges/It Gets Dark is a 3/3 for me so I'm really looking forward to the album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.