Sigrid - How to Let Go (2nd Album) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - How to Let Go (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, May 16, 2021.

1. It Gets Dark is excellent but I feel like it’d work better as an album closer than opener.

2. RMK

RMK

I feel like.. No? She's just not trying to be a main pop girl, and is definitely more indie-pop oriented than she seemed initially. Like, I remember there being a lot of hype surrounding Don't Kill My Vibe. Quickly after, it was ballads and stuff less mainstream.

Island seems really supportive. She's not stuck in label lockdown, and her projects are coming out.

3. I’m really looking forward to her album, it’s 4/4 for me, including Losing My Mind.

mattieh likes this.
  4. Scream. And I'll be at the Brooklyn show tonight

5. So recap of the Brooklyn show - first, my friend thought that 2 date tour shirt was absolutely hysterical and immediately bought one. Iconic.

She opened with It Gets Dark and whew that song pops OFF live. With a live band, some production and her amazing vocals, I was blown away. I only saw her at Lollapalooza in 2019 and had so much fun, I forgot how great she is live. Her vocals are truly unreal, like better than recording. She even made a comment how her voice was "off" and "maybe went too hard in rehearsal" and everyone around me was like uhhhh ma'm you sound incredible wtf.

Her charisma and stage presence is so so so fun, she's so adorable and energetic to feed off of. She did Head on Fire (!!!!) and I truly got my life with that, along with a few new ones not out yet - Dancer (ballad), Mistake Like You (ballad, but like power rock ballad), and A Driver Saved My Life (she called it "Driver", and it's a bop. Not like Sucker Punch-era bop, but like early 2000's John Shanks bop. Idk if it felt that way bc of the live band, so curious what the studio version sounds like).

All were fantastic, she put on an amazing show, and I'm excited for this album. Based on the new songs she performed, and what's already been released, it's clear this is not Sucker Punch 2.0, but more of a mature progression which could potentially be great.

OlliMaus, Sail On, GimmeWork and 16 others like this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I don't know...that 2 day tour t-shirt is kind of cute.

Timbo likes this.
  7. I think you mean Grow? From what I’ve heard, Dancer is quite upbeat while Grow is a ballad.

8. Dancer isn't very upbeat, more midtempo "ballad"

I also forgot Mistake Like You

ultraviolet and computer boy like this.
  9. 'Only two dates!!'
    Then don't buy it, fans truly are insufferable.

Minorkey likes this.
  10. Oh, sweet! I'm glad that you had fun at the show!

mattw67 likes this.
  11. I think people are finding it more funny than complaining about it?

GimmeWork, Mikal, FINISH LINE and 6 others like this.
  12. James Corden performance of It Gets Dark:

OlliMaus, mattieh, flyingwill and 3 others like this.
  13. “Bad Life (with Bring Me The Horizon)” coming out later this month.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.