Sigrid - How to Let Go (2nd Album) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - How to Let Go (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, May 16, 2021.

1. Oh my. I’ll crawl under a rock. Ha.

2. I'm already missing this vinyl.

3. Seems like forever ago she won the Sound Of. Sadly she seems to be getting the Little Boots treatment now…

4. Honestly, I think it's the material.

5. She’s batting 75% this era as far as I’m concerned! But then I also liked Miss Boots’ sophomore album, so perhaps I’m just predisposed to enjoying flop pop.

I think it’s just that her persona isn’t clicking. Hard to imagine that Mirror or Burning Bridges couldn’t have been huge with someone else’s name on it.

eatyourself and Creguk like this.
  6. It Gets Dark is the one for me. The video is great too. Shame this is all going tits up!

7. I've been getting more into Sigrid ahead of Glastonbury having always been vaguely aware of her stuff and I'm really enjoying it. There's a lot of bops here. The Bring Me The Horizon collab was a deal sealer - my emo self was living.

Head on Fire is amazing too, what a bop.

8. The moment her team took the "she dresses like she's the personification of IKEA" memes too seriously it was game over.

Poker Pro and Mother Folcker like this.
  9. The old cover has popped up on Barnes & Noble in America but I’m guessing it’s a mistake - this is the first time it’s been posted anywhere digitally, albeit not the best quality.
    B6763C22-3FDA-4335-9130-92ED384B6F3F.jpeg
    The orange ‘sticker’ is different from the pink leaked vinyl ‘sticker’, so I’m guessing they’ve properly scrapped that cover and just reprinted the covers to go with the already pressed pink & orange variants. It does make you wonder why they didn’t do a blue or green variant though, as both seem the most obvious colours for both the old and new cover.
    5EEE4662-C387-459D-9BAB-3A546AB84B70.jpeg
    Poor @Sigrid’sHand having to sign all those old sleeves for nothing.

rubirubi and nooniebao like this.
  10. I wonder how much it cost to bin all those sleeves & repackage? Still puzzled as to why they felt it had to be changed.

11. That old cover was so much better. It’s Stooshe all over again.

RMK and Vasilios like this.
  12. Can’t love somebody who loves burning britches

13. That previous cover is shit dd. The effort of reprinting was worth it.

nooniebao and computer boy like this.
  14. You can purchase a signed vinyl of the album with the initial artwork exclusively on Priority. (Must have an O2 account to purchase)

HTLG.jpg

Limited to 500 copies.

rubirubi likes this.
  15. What was Stooshe's original cover?

16. [​IMG]

Pressed, signed and ready to go, before they decided to abandon it and record Waterfalls, and everything went to shit.

rubirubi, Stuart, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

At least the new album artwork was better!!…

computer boy likes this.
  18. I agree. All that I heard from this new album was good/great, I just have the impression the label is desperately trying to crossover to mainstream with these washed-out, Coldplay-lite, Spotify-oriented Bops™ - I disagree with @Mother Folcker, these songs wouldn't be a hit regardless of who released them. Mirror is a Zara Larsson song and Burning Bridges, despite the potential for a cute UK top 50 hit, I can't see it breaking out internationally. Plus that last song she was featured on... eh.

19. A Driver Saved My Night seems to be the song getting the New Music Friday playlist push on Spotify.

mattieh likes this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She’s done a few rounds of interviews and I think BBC are reporting Dancer is the next single?

I’m definitely ready to finally listen to this; the singles have been confusing but Mirror and Burning Bridges are fantastic so I’m hopeful.

GimmeWork, nooniebao and Duppe like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.