Sigrid - How to Let Go | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - How to Let Go

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, May 16, 2021.

1. I like the verses but that chorus is limp.

D.Jay likes this.
  2. Sigrid’s recent output has been very strong for me so this is a little disappointing. It doesn’t have any bite to it at all, very vanilla.

D.Jay likes this.
  3. Am I hearing the same song as y’all? This absolutely pops off. What an anthem

Rob, Edu, Andrew and 11 others like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It's not breaking any new ground at all but I like it?

bimbo and Creguk like this.
  5. I like this. I agree the verses sound stronger. It reminds me of something an upbeat Birdy would release.

6. SMG

SMG

This is fantastic? I came in here expecting this to be so well received, so a bit shocked at reactions.

Mvnl, Edu, mattieh and 1 other person like this.
  7. This is a bop! Makes me want to check out Griff’s songs.

2014 and nooniebao like this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Her little EP is so cute!

Edu, BubblegumBoy, collxtion and 3 others like this.
  9. Head on Fire sounds a lot like the worship music played by the hip pastor at my parents' church. The chorus especially, which has earwormed its way into my brain.

10. It's very Chvrches.

11. Hmm…let me set my head on fire for some light promo

Blond and munro like this.
  12. upload_2022-1-22_13-21-8.gif

You doing some light promo.

Laura Vanderbooben likes this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The vocal mastering in the chorus could have been better so it sounded more like either of them (maybe they could have done an alternate vocal for it, so after each of their verse they sang the chorus solo too??) The song’s good but it could really be by anyone.

14. I really like it! Their voices go so well together.

15. Haha
    Tbh
    Lowkey a
    Good song.

Nothing outstanding, though. Album's coming soon along with the third single.

16. Does Head on Fire not count as the third single or is it just a standalone? I hate to say it but I can only see this album flopping, at least in the UK, but I'm hoping she's got some more bangers stashed away.

17. The tour just got moved to November which is probably sensible. A March tour without an album was always going to be extremely ambitious.

[​IMG]

18. Wembley Arena?!

Jacques likes this.
  19. The fact this is the second time she's announced this tour without an album is ridiculous.

computer boy likes this.
  20. Stand-alone, IGD is the upcoming single.

BubblegumBoy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.