Sigrid - Sucker Punch (Debut Album) | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - Sucker Punch (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Why is the oddly specific "Sound of 2018 Winter" sending me? Aklasdfhkasdf

2. Snippet:

Also I just realised the artwork makes it look like it the title is Sucker N Puch.

Meathook and nooniebao like this.
  3. Her voice sounds different?

dddd I though I was the only one.

Meathook and Subspace88 like this.

4. What a let down...

rubirub likes this.
  5. RMK

RMK

"Both are hoodies red
    You are in my head"

What?

Meathook likes this.
  6. RJF

RJF

7. When the production drops out and she's just yelling for a few words and then it all comes CRASHING back in

w h e w a BIG! POP! MOMENT!

8. The chorus is kind of the only good part of the song.

9. Where is this chorus taken from?

Jordin Sparks ?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    klow likes this.
  10. This is growing on me every play, it’s obviously not her best song (or even in her top 5) but hopefully it can garner some interest.
    I’m still perched for the album, hope all the songs she’s been performing live make the cut

11. I'm enjoying this; the hook is enormous. Also the Queen of Middle Eights just went for a Daft Punk vocoder and some flat out shouting this time around, work.

12. Or maybe a Saturdays song?

mylesofsmiles93 likes this.
  13. Fucking finally an above-average song. Took us almost a year but we got there.

Lost Boy likes this.
  14. Wow I love this. The first verse is a bit wobbly but once that chorus hits, whew, wigrid, etc. Something about it is very 90’s but I can’t place exactly why.

15. I like it, especially when it really kicks into gear. Will keep.

16. This is pretty incredible.

17. Sucker Punch is a big step forward compared to the Raw EP. It does remind me vaguely of another song in certain parts, but it's good.

18. This is one of the strongest performances she's turned in so far, if a bit unwieldy in spots. The lyric video is out:

19. Why is the chorus so overwhelmingly familiar? And the Natalie Imbruglia-esque guitar parts... what does this remind me of?!

20. This is amazing, what are you on? Easily the best thing she's done since 'Don't Kill My Vibe' / 'Plot Twist' ('Schedules' had a cute hook but the verses are such a turn off, and I won't even talk about the other songs)

flowersandu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.