Sigrid - Sucker Punch (Debut Album) | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Sigrid - Sucker Punch (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. I know I keep banging on about this but they had the option of turning Dynamite into a massive, epic pop banger but nope, they left it as a limp Adele ballad.

2. For some reason I keep coming back to this nn. It's basic and nothing really compares to the first EP but there's a few bops I guess.

yes i'm trash we been knew etc etc

eatyourself, Island and 2014 like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Moderator

Help I can't believe how much this has grown on me - Mine Right Now, Basic, Business Dinners and Never Mine all go off.

4. [​IMG]

5. I ended up liking this after being bombarded with posters of her everywhere I went to in London that made me stream it in the end. Even picked up a CD from Fopp. She kind of lost me with the 2nd EP but Sucker Punch (the song) was SO good and the album turned out to be cute, so I don't mind.

6. Can someone remix “Dynamite” into a bop please.

c_0_r_3_y likes this.
  7. So I listened to the album and read this thread.

Friendly reminder that the attitude filled punk-ish album you all wish this would have been has already been made by Tove Styrke years ago:

Mother Folcker, Island, Noir and 7 others like this.
  8. I don’t think Sigrid has anything punk in her and Strangers is anything but punk, not even lite. Hence why I adored it.

9. No shade but... how is this number 3 in the midweeks?

Conan likes this.
    Heartthrob, Island, nooniebao and 6 others like this.
  11. She's on a huge arena tour with George Ezra and loads of people around me at my show knew loads of the songs. She's had impact we just may not have noticed.

Leopold, nooniebao and Vasilios like this.
  12. RMK

RMK

This. I saw she asked fans their favorite song off the album and the most liked reply was 'High Five! Love that one', and it literally isn't there.

13. 13K sales though. It'll probably end up around 15-20k, similar to Dua.

14. She probably has lots of “Not Like Other Teen Girls” fans. Some Ellas too. And parents of teen girls probably lover her for their kids.

Rob, lushLuck, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  15. And us

[​IMG]

16. We've actually sold out of the vinyl at my store.

aux and Vasilios like this.
  17. The next single has to be Mine Right Now, because it’s clearly the best song out of the remaining ones. Even though it sounds so much like a Tegan and Sara out-take.

With all of the ads everywhere I’m surprised the album is not number 1, actually.

LukePreston likes this.
  18. I actually can’t stop listening to this album. The singles are all great, Mine Right Now is absolutely fantastic and has to be the next single. Basic, Sight Of You and Never Mine are also bops. If you swapped Dynamite and In Vain for Plot Twist and High Five this album would be near perfect.

19. I went to this industry-only acoustic set of hers a few weeks back, which was a bit of a nightmare for me (no one needs an acoustic version of anything here), but everyone else left raving about it. Her dull material seems to have some mass appeal I don’t understand.

clean your wig fridge and Island like this.
  20. I just got around to listening to this and just heard In Vain with this croaky ass voice?

Who told her it was a good idea?

[​IMG]

What happened to the girl who gave us this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.