Simian Mobile Disco: Temporary Pleasures (album), etc | The Popjustice Forum

Simian Mobile Disco: Temporary Pleasures (album), etc

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by peteyjames, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Just perusing the pages of Popjustice, and noticed that there was no topic on this incredible dance/electro band!
    [​IMG]

They've just released the album Temporary Pleasures, what's everyone's thoughts on this? I'm loving it up to now, especially the lead single Audacity of Huge of course. Very strong album all the way through though.

What are everyone else's opinions?

2. wp

wp

Agree with you. Got my copy at the end of last week and had Audacity of Huge on repeat seemingly non-stop!

Is deffo worth a listen...

3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I really liked it, although I've only listened to it once - I need to give it a proper whirl. I think there was one track I skipped because it was really annoying (just looked it up, it was Synthesise). But apart from that, SockMonkey opposable thumbs up.

4. I haven't buy the album yet, but I will. I really like their first album.

The reviews are quite bad so far... I hope they're wrong. I really like Audacity of Huge.

5. I don't really give a shit about the reviews to be honest. Loved their first album as well, especially 'I Believe' and 'Hustler'.

6. I think there was a thread on Audacity of Huge a while back, but I shall profess my love for it again. It's a brilliant song, and especially good in the car!

Also really, really liking Cruel Intentions. Beth Ditto's vocal works so incredibly well with their beat.

7. I love Audacity of Huge but can't connect with the rest of the album at all. It gives me a headache.

8. It's really really good. Especially liking "Cruel Intentions" and "Off The Map". Their first one is better though, this ones missing a little something.

9. Yeah loving it too. The opening track with Gruff Rhys is my favourite at the moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.