Sinéad O'Connor | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Sinéad O'Connor

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by undisco_me, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Wait at that article making me connect some dots!

[​IMG]

So that's the The Vishnu Room which gave the name to the song and was the scrapped name of the Bossy album.

This also means that this promo version of Take Me To Church had what was probably the scrapped cover for the album.

[​IMG]

Pop archaeology ddd

Burzum, Yeahyeahyeah and andru like this.
  2. [​IMG]

is now open and accepting votes!

Humanracin likes this.
  3. Despite trying to keep an eye open for signed copies of her autobiography in the UK it seems they've sold out already.

4. She admitted last week that she used a stamp to sign them all!

5. LTG

LTG

6. If someone had told me just a few years ago how active Sinéad was going to be, I wouldn't have believed it.

Music, book, drama on social media... She has adapted with her comeback!

ohaimanabu and IEngineered like this.
  7. Inner peace is hard to find for most people at the best of times, much less her. I hope she’s able to stay in that happy place. She deserves it. Given what she’s been through, it’s amazing that she’s still in one piece (sort of). Lesser beings would’ve succumbed.

Humanracin and JonBcn like this.
  8. Wow I love her rendition of The Rose, a very raw listen

Pink Frost and andru like this.
  9. That Bette tweet is so lovely. I feel like she hasn't felt much public support or love for a lot of her career.

10. LTG

LTG

11. Oh, that childhood photo is so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. So glad she is here to tell her story, and the excerpt made me look forward to reading the book even more.

12. The memoir seems to have done wonders for her. She seems happier than ever lately and she's getting money too. yas_slay_mama.gif

13. Just received my copy of Rememberings - cannot wait to delve into it!

Humanracin and SlowBurn like this.
  14. LTG

LTG

15. It seems like this book promo and retreading of her trauma has really wiped her out professionally, but she also appears in such a peaceful and communicative place going off her tweets at the mo.

I’m being presumptuous, or maybe optimistic, but I reckon she could hopefully change her mind re: retirement if she took a break after the album release next year. I’m not even a third into her book yet and it’s already clear how much writing songs and performing live saved her life and how being on stage is her happy, most comfortable place to express herself. I was lucky enough to see her play in Dublin in 2019 (just before the world went to shit), and I truly mean it when I say she has the most emotive, powerful and cutting singing voice that I’ve ever heard. Unreal.

I’m just so glad she’s still around to tell her story, Sinéad is one in a fucking million.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    elusive_chartreuse and SlowBurn like this.
  16. It's not that I don't trust her, but knowing her track record she'll probably change her mind at some point.

Humanracin, SlowBurn and Los Ageless like this.
  17. I'm glad the response to her tweet seems largely positive and respectful. It's rare to see that these days!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.