Siobhán Donaghy

my belief is that her high concept for ghosts, which is so awe-inspiring and mystical, hasn't transfered to the very few interviews she's doing, which usually involve her wearing a boring dress and her hair slighty curled. maybe if she crazied it up and took more risks...people would realize how talented she is? did a magazine cover, something? how can someone who gets such amazing reviews for an excellent album not even care??????????????????????? aaaaaaah

I have a feeling that might not really be her melody... In the end, she's possibly a bit too down-to-earth. But who knows, after this "training period" with Rent, she might get a taste for acting, and create one outrageous persona, an alter ego to send "Ghosts" skyrocketing in March next year... Shivvy Stardust?...

Hear hear.

Get Jarvis Cocker to pen that Ultimate Eurovision Song and get Siobh to sing it and conveniently place it, alongside a few b-sides on Ghosts for a SPECIAL EDITION!!!! of the album that finds its way to the lower echelons of the top 20 and our hearts.

I'd be shocked if her label hasn't already deleted Ghosts from their catalogue. Poor Siobhan, she should be ruling the planet not flopping like that.

T

tommie

Kirkland said:
I'd be shocked if her label hasn't already deleted Ghosts from their catalogue. Poor Siobhan, she should be ruling the planet not flopping like that.

Perhaps she should buy a hit from Cathy Dennis and Dr Luke?

tommie said:
Kirkland said:

Perhaps she should buy a hit from Cathy Dennis and Dr Luke?

She has said before that she has been offered hit songs from big names like those but she is apparantly too damn stubborn to take them - In many ways I don't blame her at all.

If she was to do something like that and become popular she would lose her edge and then everyone would say she was a "sell out" and start to dislike her

ExVagant said:
xolondon said:
ha! This is a merciless board.

So I've noticed. Feeling proud?

NOT at all. If you read earlier posts, I have defended her consistently. Her album is one of my top three of the year. I was trying to make the point about the meanness without being a total ass.

Why should Siobhan take songs by hitmakers? I just don't think she's that type of pop artist (hence leaving Babes). I don't think I'd even want to hear her doing that stuff. Her thing is her "baroque" style.

Her album is also one of my favourites of the year.

Unfortunately, a good actress she does not make.

Am I being unduly harsh. Not in my opinion. I went to see Rent and thought she was dire. Just because you're a good popstar doesn't mean you can translate to the West End.

Rumours of Jamelia replacing her make me shudder.

F

FMW

Well I'm gonna march on Washington
Lead the fight and charge the brigades
There's a hero inside of all of us
I'll make them see everyone has AIDS

My father (AIDS!)
My sister (AIDS!)
My uncle and my cousin and her best friend (AIDS AIDS AIDS!)
The gays and the straights
And the white and the spades

Everyone has AIDS!
My grandma and my dog 'ol blue (AIDS AIDS AIDS)
The pope has got it and so do you (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
C'mon everybody we got quilting to do (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
We gotta break down these baricades, everyone has AIDS!

cookie for anyone who can tell me what that's from and why I randomly added it in here

Anyway ... seems an odd choice. But people do desperate things when they're flopping

S

slimane

I thought she was one of the better actresses actually. She seemed to be making an effort anyway. Her voice sounded beautifully fragile and delicate once she got going aswell, I liked that she didn't approach the songs in a "musical theatre darling" style. Its good to see a performer with the right body shape to be playing the role aswell, I've seen some dam chunky junkie Mimi's in my time.

S

slimane

Jammy is replacing Denise Van Outen in the role of Maureen not Siobhan. Can You imagine Mimi with a brummy accent? Those psycho "RENTheads" would set the bloody theatre on fire.

UNSEEN GHOSTS PHOTOS
th_Siobhan4.jpg

th_Siobhan1.jpg

th_Siobhan2.jpg

th_Siobhan3.jpg

I posted them @ my blog in bigger quality CLICK HERE