Siobhán Donaghy

I got absoultely terrified when I woke up this morning, I turned on the TV to hear Ghosts playing! Irish TV channel RTE2 is using it as the backing track to plug their April line-up, thought it was very cool, the last song I expected to hear on mainstream TV.

T

tommie

Sigh. In a different world this would lead to people downloading the song off iTunes and it slowly creeping it's way into the top 10, alas, that will never happen.

Rob said:
I got absoultely terrified when I woke up this morning, I turned on the TV to hear Ghosts playing! Irish TV channel RTE2 is using it as the backing track to plug their April line-up, thought it was very cool, the last song I expected to hear on mainstream TV.
I know I was floored when I first heard it. that ad is everywhere too so it's a nice surprise.

Rob said:

This was very cool, saw it on Tuesday just before Desperate Housewives came on so maybe a few people might have wondered what that brilliant song was and gone onto itunes and downloaded it.
I'd buy some more copies off amazon but I really should stop giving it to people as birthday presents.

mjcoleman said:
Maybe they could have on in the cafe in Fair City too. Or bring back Glenroe and cast Shiv as Biddy's illigitimate love child.

Do people actually still watch Fair City though?
They'd be better off putting it on in the background of my new favourite programme, Aifric. Its what all the cool kids are watching these days as gaeilge

Irish TV is now using Don't Give It Up for their ER adds! She clearly has a fan with the power to get her music out there, shame it's not someone in her record label.

What I hate is that when she starts working on a new album - it all just goes COMPLETELY dead around her, not even any slight tidbits of information.

Which can be a good thing but really I just need to know that I won't be waiting until 2011 for the next album to 'drop'

She could at least bung a 'Ghosts' leftover online or something? Maybe an iTunes EP? Or get Stuart Price to remix 'Medevac' and make it a Top 63 smash.

It would really help if she got out on the road and did some live shows. The most frustrating thing about the last album campaign was the fact that she did nothing outside of London - how does she expect to build a bigger fanbase?

I think the music in the RTE ads is actually quite effective. My friends ketp saying "what song is that" for Ghosts in the April line-up one and they love Don't Give Up in the ER ads. At least its some bit of recognition.....

But if you are listening RTE, you would be fools not to have Medevac on the advert for the upcoming Lost finale - the lyrics fit perfectly not a mind how good the song would sound alongside it. Go do iit (Ps i never though i'd congratulate those channels for their music picks, but oh well)

And still, with the music being played before prominent tv shows and getting siobhans sound out there, there is no chance of rerelease or any further push. In a way i think it's fair enough but with two great videos a few ads, even earlier on, may have helped. Look at KT Tunstall and that David 'Sun goes down' guy, both got adverts encouraging sales.

Hopefully we wont have to wait another 4 years for new material but who knows?

jayjay10481981 said:
I mean how else are people like Tori Amos, Bjork & Enya still going strong despite not having a hit on the charts for several years?

At least the first two of these are AMAZING live performers though.

mikejmc5580 said:
It would really help if she got out on the road and did some live shows. The most frustrating thing about the last album campaign was the fact that she did nothing outside of London - how does she expect to build a bigger fanbase?

Ooh, she did do Popstarz in Manchester FYI :-)

mjcoleman said:
jayjay10481981 said:
I mean how else are people like Tori Amos, Bjork & Enya still going strong despite not having a hit on the charts for several years?

At least the first two of these are AMAZING live performers though.

Is Siobhan not good live? I think she is vocally spot on live, although she needs to work the stage a little better.

Can't stand Bjork personally (although I really liked her new album which is odd for me) I respect her a lot as an artist tho just her voice annoys me but Tori is truly AMAZING I hope one day Siobhan will join their ranks but she never will if she don't bloody gig and get herself out there thats the most frustrating thing about her!

I thought Siobhan sounded great when she played Punk at release time, though to be far i was more than half cut. Also she sounds great in live concert in germany done when Revolution in Me came out which i recently discovered. But she's definately an artist that performs through the songs themselves than puts on a great performance, though i would say she looks far more comfortable and interested than Mutya singing solo - sorry to compare the two as I love both but...

Hey everybody.

I am not sure if it has already been posted here but I found out on Saturday that Siobhan was to be dropped today by Parlophone with the official line of "Due to lack of commercial success"

I could not post this news earlier as I wanted it to be announced by Siobhan herself or her people & it would seem that it has been put up on her official forum earlier today.

I have heard though that two independent label's are keen to sign her already which I think personally is the best thing for Siobhan.

I can't see her getting another big contract with a big commercial record company & especially with the type of music she does an independent label could do wonders for her.

So again it is bad news for the former Sugababe, but hopefully she will finally find the right label for her, they do say 3rd time lucky afterall.

T

tommie

Re: Siobhan Donaghy Dropped By Parlophone

Aww. I guess her label wasn't impressed with what she had recorded for her third album and decided to "part ways".

Oh well. C'est la vie and another label for ms Donaghy!

Re: Siobhan Donaghy Dropped By Parlophone

See, you predicted it before it was announced, Billiam's Top Fan. Such a psychic.