Sistar (& Sistar19) | The Popjustice Forum

Sistar (& Sistar19)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Breaking Heart, Aug 2, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Sistar (씨스타, also stylized as SI★, SiSTAR) is a four-member girl group from Seoul, South Korea, under the management of Starship Entertainment. The group consists of Bora, Soyou, Hyorin and Dasom. Their group name is a combination of the words “Sister” and “Star”, meaning they are meant to be sisters in the entertainment business and become big stars.

They debuted with their first single titled "Push Push" on June 3, 2010. Their second single titled "Shady Girl" was released on August 25, 2010. Their third single titled "How Dare You" on November 21, 2010. On April 29, 2011, a unit of Bora and Hyorin titled "Sistar19" released their first single titled "Ma Boy". Their first album titled "So Cool" will be released on August 9, 2011.

MV's
    Push Push - 1st Single
    Shady Girl - 2nd Single
    How Dare You - 3rd Single
    Ma Boy - Sistar19 Single
    Chronos Soul - Promo Single
    We Never Go Alone - Promo Single
    So Cool (Coming Soon)

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Didn't we all agree that SISTAR and Miss A should stay in the main thread....?

I give up.

3. There's going to be nothing left to discuss in the main thread!

4. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Well I can't in good faith delete threads, but suffice to say I'll appreciate that most will want to keep discussion about Nine Muses and Dal Shabet to the main thread - bigger chance that people will read anything posted about minor, unknown artists there than in their threads. And I'll remind the trigger-happy posters here that there's no reward for making the most threads.

5. And this was supposed to be my thread if it was getting made. *death stare*

6. I'm sorry guys >.< You can delete all my threads in the K-Pop section if you would like.. It won't bother me :P

7. I don't see what the big deal is with smaller acts getting their own threads. Some of the lurkers have already said they find the main thread to be too much to keep up with, and if individual threads can help get new people interested in these different groups, why not have them? Besides, some of the smaller groups' threads have had more activity than some of the bigger groups'. I know some of you guys want to keep this section looking clean or whatever, but why even have our own separate forum if we're just going to use a few different threads?

Anyway, a few photos of Bora on the "So cool" video set have been released:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The necklace she's wearing cost 1.7 million dollars!

8. I had the whole 'Keep it in the main thread' mentality at first.. but really, most artists having their own threads now is fine with me, as drewbilation said, it's our own sub-forum now, everything is organised, in one section, etc. I don't think the K-pop General Discussion thread is going to die.. but even if it slows down a bit, does it really matter? We're all still here, we're all still nice and behaved and there is still a good atmosphere in this sub-section.. so what's the matter?

Besides, Miss A and Sistar are pretty established acts now, so there's no reason not to! Condensing everything into one thread may make it bigger but I've also realised that it was pretty much turning into a mess.

9. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

It's fine for Sistar and Miss A (who to be fair are one of the biggest acts groups in Korea) - but I just think more people will notice a news tidbit posted about INY or Dal Shabet in the main thread than in their own thread where only people already interested in the group will go. Who knows.

10. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Could we add their other MVs (Chronos Soul, We Never Go Alone) in the first post or would it be better to just stick with the singles?

11. Bora is a flawless flawless being. She can lip-synch over Soyou any time.

12. I've added them :D

By the Bora photos.. I'm thinking something kind of like Madonna by Secret but in the style of Sistar. High class perhaps?

13. Shady Girl has grown on me a lot, it's actually really good. However, How Dare You still remains awful.

14. Hyorin's voice will never cease to amaze me, she's offering something really different from the typical K-pop/OST voice à la TaeYeon.

15. Shady girl is one of my favourite K-Pop tunes!

16. Honestly.. with every sistar single release I've lost love for them

Push Push - Ultimate stan
    Shady Girl - Stan
    How Dare You - Casual fan

I'm hoping So Cool turns me into an ultimate stan again!

17. Since they haven't been posted in this thread yet...

Lookin' good! Dasom's hair is really cute.

Also, the video teaser will be out on the 5th.

18. Bora and Soyou continue to be flawless.

19. Opposite. Their singles run got progressively more amazing until How Dare You became one of the best songs ever.

20. More teaser pics have been released:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.