Skincare | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Skincare

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by strangekin, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Received a package of Biologique Recherche products in the mail today

1991, Andrew.L, Suburbia and 5 others like this.
  2. I really like their stuff and it lasts a while for me.

3. Well I tried them out (the bougie EX+ versions) and...they don't just give you dewy, twinkly, soft luminous dolphin-like skin: they actually turn you into a dolphin. I put one on, leave it for 20 minutes and flap my tail away. Drenched in essence, easy to use...very thin and discreet — you almost feel like you could go outside to take out the trash with the mask in your face but you really can't because that would be silly, but it makes you think it's a possibility!

And speaking of sunscreen: I just got the non fraudulent La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Invisible Mist (this one is for the Eurohunties only): is it invisible? Yes as in there's no white cast, but if you go overboard with it you'll end up looking like a forgotten french fry that was left to languish in the fryer (which works for some people) and the perfume in it kinda flops — but I like how convenient it is and how I don't have to spread more shit onto my face. Overall it's an 8 for me!

Mill., aux and Crisp X like this.
  4. Can anyone recommend a good vitamin c serum?

5. If you're just wanting to try it out and not invest too much cash then I'd try The Ordinary's vitamin C suspension – some people don't like it because of the grainy texture, but for a budget starter it's perfectly fine. Further up the price point I love the Vichy Vit C brightening serum.

Neon Green likes this.
  6. These sound great! Thanks sis!

7. I've been liking the Youth To The People 15% Vitamin C + Caffeine serum.
    And I hear good things about the Biossance Squalane + 10% Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum as well.

But yeah, both are more pricey than the Ordinary. But the Ordinary is very Meh to me.

Neon Green likes this.
  8. Does anyone have any experience with rosacea? I've never had problems with my skin but has been acting up for the past few months, blotchy and red. My GP gave me Rozex and I will give it a few weeks. I booked a private dermatologist but no appointments until end of September.

9. I fell off the skincare wagon for months, I was depressed and couldn’t be bothered. But now I’m back into it since I have to show my face at work dd

Going #back2basics with just differin, great barrier relief, and SPF

[​IMG]

Suburbia likes this.
  10. How to get rid of blackheads on nose? I have tried so many things and nothing so far gives good results.

11. There's a new queen in town.

Sanctuary likes this.
  12. With a full face of makeup and/or pretty visible live video retouching? Gurl...

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  13. I use Salicylic Acid 2% Solution by The Ordinary which has helped me.

rdn-salicylic-acid-2pct-solution-30ml.png

wodny and Crisp X like this.
  14. It's hilarious.

Her reaction about sums it up

15. This looks, feels and is an SNL commercial skit. Cannot be real (like everything that she does and is).

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  16. So how are everyone's skincare routines going? Any new holy grail products or flops we should avoid?

I've started using Drunk Elephant's C-Firma serum and am really enjoying it. I wasn't the biggest fan of the watery consistency of the Timeless vitamin c serum, so I really appreciate C-Firma's thickness. TO's Azelaic Acid has really cemented itself into my routine over the past month. It has this instant soothing effect that I've really never gotten from any other skincare product - I'm obsessed. I should be getting Avene's RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to introducing this!

michaelhird likes this.
  17. That smoothing effect is incredible, I've never experienced that before with any other products either. Game changer.

EarCondom likes this.
  18. THINKING of getting a cheeky botox jab later this year, the frown between my brows is starting to annoy me, will it smooth out a bit or what's done it's done? Cause I know Botox is best as a pre-old age measure.

19. I've had so many friends randomly comment on how good I look after nailing my current routine a few months ago, and it's totally boosted my confidence after struggling with my skin for so long. I've realsed that instead of fucking around trying endless things – which is partly the beauty industry's insistence that you never can have enough product, and then spending weeks trying to figure what's breaking me out – I just needed to drill down into a decent five step routine with products I trust.

I'm on: a basic Cerave cleanser, The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid with a spritz of water afterwards, Balance Active Vitamin C serum with another spritz, La Roche Posay moisturiser and some cute lightweight Cosrx SPF on top. At night I'll skip the Vitamin C and do the moisturiser with a few drops of squalane oil added. Every week I'll do The Ordinary BHA/AHA peel for a couple of mins to exfoliate.

Super simple, under about £30 a month but my skin's loving it and I feel great about it for the first time in years.

Crisp X, Mr Blonde, Pat and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.