Sky Ferreira - "Don't Forget" [IT'S HERE!!!] | Page 351 | The Popjustice Forum

Sky Ferreira - "Don't Forget" [IT'S HERE!!!]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Nov 27, 2014.

1. My parents talking about me.

2. The best thing about these shenanigans is that we get to do this all over again today because she’s playing Best Kept Secret dd. The magic of Sky Ferreira!!! She’ll be on from 6-7pm.

3. It almost looks like it's all an act? Like a 'teen buys new jeans but then tears them / sharpies them to look vintage cool' act?

Wishlight, Sam and Andrew like this.
  4. All My Lovers Die aside.. she sounded pretty good on everything else, judging from these anyway.

5. I honestly thought she sounded great from where I was!

FridayNight, Karvel, Hyrulian and 9 others like this.
  6. I can't quite believe I actually saw her and she actually exists.

7. Her lack of energy during the shows are annoying asf.

Juango likes this.
  8. You've all got me so excited for her gig in London this week, can't wait!

Sam and Lapras like this.
  9. The fact one can’t be sure if it’s sarcasm or not dd. The power of Sky!

10. Sky if you’re reading this, don’t be afraid to transpose your songs. I’m still rooting for you!

11. I was at her concert a few years ago and it was one of the best shows of my life. Her vocals were great, maybe it doesn't translate right through the videos.

Andrew and VitaminBee like this.
  12. She's leaving crumbs in her wake across Europe and you'll absolutely feast!

huntypoo and lushLuck like this.
  13. during All My Lovers Die too <3

Purple, Fuchsia, Karvel and 7 others like this.
  14. I thought/hoped maybe what happened in Primavera Porto had been a one-off thing, but she's really going to pull the same crap on every festival appearance huh

Andrew likes this.
  15. I turned around near the end of her set last night and she'd pulled in a surprisingly large crowd.
    She did really well on most songs, we got half an hour, it's more than I bet on... there is absolutely nothing putting me off wanting to see a full show from her in the future.

16. It's a little surprising to me that she keeps getting booked at these big festivals. There are so many good artists and bands out there that actually behave professionally, enjoy themselves, treat the tech staff respectfully and want the audience to have a good time. I enjoy her music, but in that case it's just better to stick to Spotify and not bother about having her to perform these songs live. I don't know if it just doesn't fit her artistic persona to actually turn in a well-made, drama-free show, but she seems either unable or unwilling to do so. Doesn't help that it's apparently always other people's fault, especially the tech crew's, when things aren't going well. You cannot help but ask what the point is in doing all of this. I cannot imagine her actually come off stage after such a gig and have a great time with her crew.

It's a shame because I think her songs could really go off in a festival setting but she seems almost determined to make it messy.

Wishlight, Juango, Vitor and 3 others like this.
  17. I think she is free to do it, ask her to not do it because she is unable? We don't know really what it's happening to her. She didn't force anyone to watch the show.

18. I don’t think she’s played enough shows to earn a reputation as a live act outside of her stans ddd.

19. It was a long time ago, but she crushed it as an opener on the Bangerz tour. She does have it in her!

Andrew likes this.
  20. It's such a treacherous path.

I don't think she ever felt confortable performing like, at all, but she probably needs the money + buzz to create any sort of momentum and keep Capitol ""happy"". Stans... know her. We know she has some stage fright, doesn't perform often and never really did a huge world tour (and that her sets are plagued with issues even if she seems to do rehearsals and so on).

But now there's also a myth of "Sky Ferreira: the legend who dropped her debut album 10 years ago" and the whole stan culture (and coverage) around the fact "She's back!!" and people... don't expect this kind of thing. I have friends who don't really know her outside of Everything is Embarassing but they were at Barcelona and "why not?"; The reaction was giant "wtf she's fighting with her band\tech guys?"

I don't think she NEEDS it, but the whole festival exposure was supposed to help her and pretty much consolidade her. If it was a "one-off" thing that would be normal, but to have a whole run of concerts starting late, having sound issues and overall having a "bad attitude"... why go through this then dd.

Wishlight, Vitor, Txetxu and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.