Sky Ferreira - "Downhill Lullaby" + 2nd Album | Page 273 | The Popjustice Forum

Sky Ferreira - "Downhill Lullaby" + 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Didn't they finally give up and quit ddd?

2. Wait, what?

3. ñ it was actually a record store, my bad.

slaybellz likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I Blame Myself really is a total classic huh.

5. I meant, why is it still that large?

totalhate, elektroxx and slaybellz like this.
  6. Okay but what will she be performing?

7. Downhill Lullaby, Everything is Embarrassing, Guardian, Love in Stereo.

8. Okay but that is four 11's in a row.

Music Is Death, elektroxx and 1991 like this.
  10. They're very much alive and fed for the next few days at least nn

11. Oh my god. Downhill Lulla-BYE.

Poker Pro and slaybellz like this.
  12. Oh my god. Yes exactly, especially the last part dd.

Also I need to watch this show, it's been on my watchlist for way too long. I want to know who the writer was who specifically wrote this line so I can follow them.

13. So I know her label locked her out of her Soundcloud account and they've refused to pay for studio time in the past and whatnot, but what's stopping her from just recording stuff on her MacBook like a true indie girlie and creating a new Soundcloud account (did she ever get the account back?), just to get stuff out there? I've never completely understood what she means when she talks about them holding her back and such...do they just not like the material she's bringing to the table, so they refuse to let her release it, or even professionally record it? I know she probably has to be very vague when talking about things but it's always left me confused. Then again, I really don't know much about the ins and outs of record label contracts and everything in that world.

At this point, I feel like she'd be better off just throwing stuff out there, just to to start building a foundation. If she did get that Soundcloud account back, that's a perfect platform to start putting stuff on again. If she didn't, she's got a devoted enough fanbase to help her rebuild it. Being in this limbo where she's promising things, not delivering, and then both her and the fans getting upset is an exhausting process. She'll never get wider recognition or have the means to fulfill whatever vision she has in mind if she doesn't release anything to build off of. I'm sure she knows this, too.

And on the topic of Everything is Embarrassing, it sounds just as good now as it did 8/9 years ago. An absolute timeless bop. She sounds so good on dreamy, sort of bedroom like pop. A crumb please, Ms. Ferreira.

14. I'm sorry if this is an annoying question that's been asked before recently but can someone fill me in on her 1st album drama? I recently got into her early music and I'm digging into bits - it all seems very sad and potentially traumatic for a 16 year old who was so overly sexualized?

15. RMK

RMK

16. She's back to covering made up magazines.

17. It’s a stunning shot. She really is the unsung supermodel/muse of her generation.

nooniebao, Lander, Island and 11 others like this.
  18. nice to see we're in the 'on the cover of a magazine i'm pretty sure didn't exist until this moment' phase of promotion

Fuchsia, K94, Euphoria and 1 other person like this.
  19. Of course she did that shoot. Rent was probably overdue since the last 6 years or so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.