Sky Ferreira

Happy birthday Sky! Say what you want about her but she made one of the greatest albums of all time and it's an album that had an impact on me unlike any other. I still listen to it in full at least weekly and it's never ever lost its shine. Weirdly, I think I love it even more now - it's almost like it's grown up with me. From being a struggling bullied queer 13 year old to an out and proud 22 year old trying to navigate my way in the world, Sky's music has always been a constant for me and has definitely helped the world feel like a less scary place. I truly hope that she knows how special she is and that her thirties are better for her than her twenties. We're rooting for you, our mysterious Cancer queen!

he/him
It's especially weird that you can't even buy the As If! EP (or Obsession for that matter, though it's 'soundtrack exclusive') from iTunes anymore. Thank god I was enough of a fag in 2011 to snag it then!

Yeah, I’m so glad I have it on CD along with the others. Things like this only reaffirm how necessary physical media is (or at the very least purchasing the digital files)

I have the As If! EP on my phone and it’s such a treasure that I forget about from time to time. I’m now also contemplating buying the Larry Crowne soundtrack just to get Obsession in HQ.

I caved and added it to my Local Files recently but I wish it was on streaming, it deserves to be! She would never but I’d die if she resurrected some of the tracks (99 Tears!!) in her live set.

Reactions: RMK
she/her
I... don't know if I've ever listened to her pre-Night Time, My Time stuff, which isn't surprising if it's become harder to find over the years I guess?

I'm really hoping that we don't have to wait 3 years for the next single.

I... don't know if I've ever listened to her pre-Night Time, My Time stuff, which isn't surprising if it's become harder to find over the years I guess?
As If! and Ghost EPs are a must. As are the two singles 17 and One.

There are a handful of other songs and collaborations that you can ignore. I want to say her demos are great too, but I don't think I have listened to them all and frankly I've been indifferent towards them because I've lost patience with Sky!