Sky Ferreira

"I didn't play ONE song, I played FIVE!" is an absolutely insane response to justified criticism about her late start times and her shows being shortened because of them...

dragracestare.gif

She's just... quite hard to root for at this point. 'We played more than 5 songs' ok so you were on stage for 20 minutes including your nightly technical issues? So impressive.

Drunk bachelorettes at karaoke night sing Shallow on repeat for longer than that.

Last edited:
He/Him
It's very conflicting. I mean, she seems to be doing this all on her own with the smallest of crews. It sucks to have a shitty concert that is cut after 5 songs and should have been more on time - but it seems like there's no big team there to help. It's sad on all fronts.

She really thinks most of this is beyond her? Really now? How tragic...
I guess when she does know, it falls back on (mostly) her...

It's very conflicting. I mean, she seems to be doing this all on her own with the smallest of crews. It sucks to have a shitty concert that is cut after 5 songs and should have been more on time - but it seems like there's no big team there to help. It's sad on all fronts.
Do you need a big team to get you to work on time? Hundreds upon hundreds of small touring artists manage it night in, night out. It's not like there's some big production here. Do soundcheck, go get dinner, come back and play your show. It works for everybody else.

He/Him
Do you need a big team to get you to work on time? Hundreds upon hundreds of small touring artists manage it night in, night out. It's not like there's some big production here. Do soundcheck, go get dinner, come back and play your show. It works for everybody else.
Yes, many others do it. Lots do it with a whole lot less too. I can sympathize with both sides of the situation though. It’s clear that the girl has been sheltered/living in a bubble since she seemingly signed her life away to Capitol as a teenager. She’s clearly out of her depths with aspects of this tour - trying to find a way to get her career going again. Or at least trying to get her masters back.

Let me be clear though… it’s not that hard to go on stage at the proper time as a 5 song setlist is pathetic. Even with nerves/stage fright… it’s part of job. Though I can’t complain, she was pretty much on time at my show and played everything, including Descending. Though I’m terrified about the NTMT Anniversary show…

The setlist.fm entry from that show makes it seem like she got through a fair amount of her planned material so really unsure why she’s confusing the issue by saying “more than 5 songs.”