Slayyyter - Self-titled mixtape | Page 121 | The Popjustice Forum

Slayyyter - Self-titled mixtape

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by OspreyQueen, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I saw cabin in the woods for the first time and I can see why people/Hollywood enabled joss whedon’s bullshit for the last decade

-the way this was meant for an entirely other thread DONT PERUSE THIS FORREM IN MULTIPLE TABS GOD DAMNIT

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Island, Rhombus, TRAVVV and 3 others like this.
  2. Here's my Top 5, in alphabetical order:
    • "BFF,"
    • "Hello Kitty,"
    • "Mine,"
    • "Motorcycle,"
    • "Touch My Body."
    "Faded" is so underrated.
    "Ghost" is my least favorite Slayyyter song, but I don't know if that's a critique of the song itself or an acknowledgement of how strong her material is.

Lander, Jersey and Aidan like this.
  3. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY WHAT I ALWAYS HEARD AND DIDN’T RECOGNIZE AHHH

1991 likes this.
  4. I never see enough love for Celebrity in all its Lolene-y 2010 glory. Legit one of my favorite choruses on the mixtape/album/whatever

5. Celebrity x Touch My Body x Hello Kitty is my ultimate trio. I so wish Celebrity had been a 'single' for her.

6. [​IMG]
    "Self Destruct" clicked today and now I can't stop playing it.

Bolton, Hyrulian, thommyh and 3 others like this.
  7. Speaking of songs clicking, "Ghosttt" finally clicked today. I'm still not a fan of the single mix, but the mixtape version is a bit of a vibe.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. “Alone,” “Candy,” “Tattoo,” “Devil,” and “Mine” are sitting pretty in my top 5—in no particular order, of course.

9. Appreciation for Faded and Celebrity? I love to see it.

Pineapple and elektroxx like this.
  10. Mine
    Celebrity
    Tattoo
    Touch My Body
    E-Boy

are probably my top 5 thus far. All 10/10s.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  11. New feature:

thommyh and kallumlavigne like this.
  12. Oop didn't think she would follow up so soon. Looks like Throatzilla is coming next.

13. This is ICONIC already.

14. Call him up on my pink flip phone / go throatzilla on his dick like woah her legacy.

Lander, BeingNormal, Hyrulian and 8 others like this.
  15. The single version of Ghost is horrendously mixed but if you can get past that it is absolutely one of her best songs, as @Andy French correctly identified. I would have much preferred a remaster on the mixtape instead of the ~vibey~ version we got.

Karvel, BloodShyBait, drewsky and 2 others like this.
  16. [​IMG]

To be honest most of her pre-mixtape stuff sounds like it was mixed in a tin can and deep-fried but that's part of her ~charm~ to me, so I don't totally mind.

4Roses, Karvel, BeingNormal and 5 others like this.
  17. Agreed. A "Used To Being Alone" tea.

Andy French likes this.
  18. Yeah I'm always a bit confused when people say the album version is much better than the single version. I couldn't feel more opposite!

19. The production on the verses reminds me of Alone, think I'll use this a lot more than Self Destruct.

I wish they'd correctly link both Daddy AF and Mine to the mixtape on Spotify, it bugs me that the artwork is still the single covers dd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.