Slayyyter - STARFUCKER

he/him
Heartbreak in Stereo?

Wendy Williams Dancing GIF - Wendy Williams Dancing - Discover & Share GIFs

F

Fertilizer

Tommy sounds exactly like the disco singles a bunch of K-Pop girl groups were releasing a while ago, it’s uncanny. I could easily see TWICE or Brave Girls doing something like it.

That specific sound is kinda on its way out already (in South Korea), but I wonder if she ever thought about getting into the business of pitching demos to K-Pop labels. Her girly, quirky (and prolific) songwriting style would be a perfect fit and she could make good money from it if a song ends up on a popular album. Her music has a lot in common with other PJ girlies who did it (Carly Rae, Charli, Allie X, etc).

Heartbreak In Stereo is kind of amazing!

Where is the station for these I’m an old man

Last edited by a moderator:
he/him
Tommy sounds exactly like the disco singles a bunch of K-Pop girl groups were releasing a while ago, it’s uncanny. I could easily see TWICE or Brave Girls doing something like it.

That specific sound is kinda on its way out already, but I wonder if she ever thought about getting into the business of pitching demos to K-Pop labels. Her girly, quirky (and prolific) songwriting style would be a perfect fit and she could make good money from it if a song ends up on a popular album. Her music has a lot in common with other PJ girlies who did it (Carly Rae, Charli, Allie X, etc).

Heartbreak In Stereo is kind of amazing!

Where is the station for these I’m an old man

I’ve read before that she has pitched tracks to artists, although not sure if K-pop was ever considered. Would definitely be a lane she should look into if she hasn’t to help fund her music.

I wish I liked Tommy dd. I also don't really ~enjoy Heartbreak in Stereo but just because the sample feels a little overused, but it's still a banger and I could see it working for her... I guess that's the song she mentioned about "not having authorization" within the leaks, but Fader could work it out for her and surf on the sampling-hits trend. Give her the budget for a music video and make it happen!!!!

he / him
Scream. I was just coming to post about it. It really could be massive, even though I don't necessarily want it on the album at all. Would be great if she hooked up with a big DJ to get it out there.
It's tricky because I absolutely respect her vision for the album and based on the singles so far and the live versions of what has made the album, I agree that "Heartbreak In Stereo" doesn't really gel with the rest of Starfucker. However, Slayyyter has still yet to crossover and this sounds like a crossover hit, especially with all of the big singles recently that are equally as sample-heavy. It would be great if she could get it released as a collab with a DJ because that co-sign might expose her to a larger audience, but I think that the song is strong enough in itself for it to be a hit without a major DJ being attached to it.

It's genuinely a shame that it leaked because even if Cathy never released it, assuming that she co-wrote it, she could've sold it and made some songwriting coin.

I don't think the version of Heartbreak in Stereo that leaked was the full version. She should steal the bag from Fader and put out a B-sides album though, absolutely.

he/him
I've been playing the scrapped demos to avoid playing the album and she really snapped at the end of "Difficult" huh

Don't try fucking with me
I ain't fucking for free
if you don't want love

giphy.gif

My time is money
if you feel lucky
I can spend it on you

giphy.gif

Lil' bitch thinking he the shit
'cause he fucked a lil' popstar
Baby, fuck off

giphy.gif