Slayyyter - Troubled Paradise | Page 101 | The Popjustice Forum

Slayyyter - Troubled Paradise

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Inland Empire, Oct 3, 2018.

1. This feels sad because I spent a lot of this year listening to Slayyyter. Everyone knows enough to know what the word means and how it is a slur, the way she is using the word is specially to be racist, similarly to Camila. It's not 'when i was younger i was uneducated,' it's 'when I was younger i was deliberately racist'. And it's very easy...not to be. At any age.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  2. Lord, how difficult is it to not be racist?

lushLuck and ohaimanabu like this.
  3. This feels like an excuse? Plenty of people use socials (unbearably) and never post racist shit. She and Camila felt those things, it wasn't Twitter or Tumblr's fault.

4. It just feels like they’re sooo sorry once they get exposed, but have no clue how hurtful those disgusting racist messages actually are.

Same with Sabrina, Camila etc. What a mess.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. How long till someone unearths clips and screenshots of Björk using that frightening "sound is the n***** of the world" quote repeatedly through the years and in full uncensored mode?

[​IMG]

Rem, Island, Cutlery and 18 others like this.
  6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

7. Well we have this

ohaimanabu likes this.
  8. Pretty sure Tinashe retweeted a joke about Rihanna getting beaten by Chris Brown way back in 2009, It's deleted now because Rihanna stans found it when Tinashe was first starting to blow up with 2 On and I guess they felt threatened at the time.

9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I know a lot of people that tweeted or posted shit like that especially in the Black community. Not a pass but that relationship toward Black men, Black women, and abuse is a huge and mystifying yet undeniable thing amongst a lot of us. I’m glad she deleted it but there’s a much more layered understanding behind shit like that.

10. Not to mention young girls worldwide are groomed to believe 'l0Ve is pAIn!!1' and other trash opinions when it comes to love.

Blond, lushLuck and eatyourself like this.
  11. Tinashe knew that only fags would buy her music

clever queen

12. Phew it really pays to stan these young white gerls at a cautiously safe arm's length, doesn't it.

TRAVVV, Vixen, Island and 6 others like this.
  13. Why do all the white pop girls a lot of you decide to stan end up being racist????? And please, in 2019 can white people who are clocked for their racism stop using their youth as a get out of jail free card. You said what you said all those years ago and you meant what you said otherwise you wouldn't have said it.

*sighs in stanning unproblematic popstar in waiting Rina Sawayama*

14. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

The thing that really gets under my skin about these notes app apologies is that they always claim they were “uneducated”, as if the blame lies with others for not deliberately teaching them that bigotry is a bad thing. It’s not that difficult to figure out that hating others for harmless differences is morally wrong even in such a hateful world. No one teaches you not to be a bigot, you’re taught to be one and it’s your responsibility to think critically about whether the ideas you’re being fed are actually beliefs you want to hold.

15. Just think it’s worth noting that Caroline’s apology wasn’t vague and half committal.

[​IMG]

16. Those tweets were such a good investment!

lushLuck likes this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Not excusing her at all? Twitter gave her a platform to post those things and people do use that system mostly to troll/be trash, to be honest. That’s why I’m not surprised.

lushLuck and Vasilios like this.
  18. I wasn't only replying to you my fellow #bossbabe hun, just an observation cause people say 'Twitter is the worst' a lot and it's not the medium it's who's behind the keyboard.

2014 likes this.
  19. Yup. She quoted a lyric from a song she loved and managed to be the only one to give a proper, succinct, direct apology about the usage of that word.

TRAVVV, Island, flowersandu and 5 others like this.
  20. It’s just me or it feels weird that people are using this as an opportunity to promote artists that sounds like Slayyyter?

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.